× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: printer not connecting to network AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router C6300-100NASer

Net_Gear_Man
Initiate

printer not connecting to network AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router C6300-100NASer

First time on this forum and adding a question...

I just installed a HP wireless multifunction printer/scanner/copier/fax.

I have an access control list on my NetGear C6300. Although I WAS able to enter the MAC address into it, it doesn't display it. Thinking I had not actually entered it successfully, I re-entered the MAC once again and it displayed the fact it was getting entered in duplicate.

At this point, the HP is not seen as being on the network

Scratching my head.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Net_Gear_Man
Initiate

Re: printer not connecting to network AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router C6300-100NASer

Following further discussions with hp technical support personnel it was found the first technician had installed the same printer with the Microsoft operating system twice! Removing the duplicated one solved the paradox.
Glad to read your proposed solutions.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> I just installed a HP wireless multifunction
> printer/scanner/copier/fax.

Does HP make only one model of those, or does yours have a model
number of some kind?

> [...] Although I WAS able to enter the MAC address into it, it doesn't
> display it. [...]

How did you determine this "the MAC address"?  If your (unspecified)
"a HP wireless multifunction > printer/scanner/copier/fax" has more than
one network interface, then each one might have its own MAC address.

> I have an access control list on my NetGear C6300. [...]

I'd disable it, get the printer connected, and _then_ worry about any
problems with access control (_after_ you're sure about the printer's
MAC address).

Message 2 of 4
Net_Gear_Man
Initiate

Following further discussions with hp technical support personnel it was found the first technician had installed the same printer with the Microsoft operating system twice! Removing the duplicated one solved the paradox.
Glad to read your proposed solutions.
Message 3 of 4

For future reference, when someone hasn't messed up the thing with multiple drivers, the usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7