× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problem with netgear R6100 ReadyShare with WD My Book 2TB to Sony TV and PS3

Rodman3942
Aspirant

problem with netgear R6100 ReadyShare with WD My Book 2TB to Sony TV and PS3

I have recently upgraded my Router from a lynksis wirless N router to a Netgear Wireless AC 1200 (R6100).  With it I purchased a WD My Book 2 TB HDD for use as a NAS Device.  Everything was working fine until about a week ago I had some trouble uploading a file from my Win10 PC to the drive via the network.  Afterwords I could not access the drive from any of my families 3 windos PC's (Win 7SP2, 8.1, and 10).  I could still acces the drive via DLNA through my Sony Bravia  and my PS3.  I did a power cycle of my modem and router and from then on I could access the drive from my computers but not through the Sony TV or PS3.

I have removed the  corrupted file from the drive, as well as the previous upload (law and order season 20).  I have cycled the power on my WD Drive as well as edited all of the network settings through the netgear genie, the TV and the PS3.  I have not reformated the drive since I don't have the space on my computer for all of the files (1.6TB worth of files, 500GB free space on my PC).  Any help would be apreciated.

*Netgear StreamPro AC1200
---Model No. R6100
---Router Firmware Version  V1.0.0.60
*Sony Bravia TV
---Model No. XBR-65x850B
---Software Version PKG2.303AAA
*Western Digital My Book 2TB External HDD
---Model No. WDBF JK0020HBK-NESN

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Rodman3942
Aspirant

Re: problem with netgear R6100 ReadyShare with WD My Book 2TB to Sony TV and PS3

So in my hunting I found a solution that has worked (so far).  I unplugged the WD Drive from my router and plugged it into my PC, navigated to the route directory and deleted the folder marked ".ReadyShare" and then reconnected it to the router.  It seams that the information in the floder got corrupted by the bad upload and the subsequent restart couldn't rebuild the information.  Removing all the bad data and allowing the router to re-create it seamed to work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Rodman3942
Aspirant

Re: problem with netgear R6100 ReadyShare with WD My Book 2TB to Sony TV and PS3

So in my hunting I found a solution that has worked (so far).  I unplugged the WD Drive from my router and plugged it into my PC, navigated to the route directory and deleted the folder marked ".ReadyShare" and then reconnected it to the router.  It seams that the information in the floder got corrupted by the bad upload and the subsequent restart couldn't rebuild the information.  Removing all the bad data and allowing the router to re-create it seamed to work.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7