× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ps4 speed wndr3300

OldBob
Luminary

Re: ps4 speed wndr3300

I just cant wrap my head around the correct wiring for a wired connection when updating.  So my ethernet cable from the modem to the router is permanent and I need a second ethernet cable that I connect from a second port on the router to the laptop?  I go to the web Netgear site and check for updates..if one appears, I can download it to my laptop.  With both ethernet cables connected, I click on the downloaded file to install firmware updates to the router.  When complete, I can unplug that second ethernet cable from the router to the laptop.  Have I got it?

Message 26 of 28
plemans
Guru

That'd work yes.

it just prevents a wireless problem from causing the firmware to be transmitted incorrectly and corrupting the firmware.

Message 27 of 28
OldBob
Luminary

Thank you so much..hopefully others that have my problem can benefit from our discussion too.  I checked for updates and there were none so I turned off the automatic updates and will go on line and check every few months.  If there is one listed, I assume if I click on it there will be an option of downloading..if not I will be wired to install while wired with this second ethernet cable..

Bless you patience with us old guys!

Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7