× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait..." just hangs forever

David_M
Tutor

"Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait..." just hangs forever

Happy New Year everyone !

I upgraded new FW update today for my R8000p (V1.4.1.66_1.3.26). One of the fixes they said was improvements to QoS and Zoom calls. I tried to upgrade the database performance optimization database today and it just hangs forever. I noticed this behavior in earlier firmwares as well, based on other forum members.

How can this be solved?

Thanks,

David

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: "Attempting to connect to Netgear Server. Please Wait..." just hangs forever

What speeds do you pay for? 

Qos isn't recommend at speeds >250mbps. 

Message 2 of 7
David_M
Tutor

300/10 mpbs

Problem still exists whether QoS is off or on. In my case, with QoS ON, i repeatedly get 350/12 mpbs speeds. With it off, I may get up to 360/12 mpbs, maximum. Again, I pay for 300/10 mpbs only.

Regards,

David

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway do you have? 

I was just saying that there isn't a benefit to qos above 250mbps speeds and can sometimes actually slow your speeds down. 

So I'd leave it disabled anyway

Message 4 of 7
David_M
Tutor

Thanks,

I have a newish motorola MB8600 cable modem (up to 6Gbps, Docsis 3.1). Less than 3 months old with latest firmware.

I use QoS as it helpouts out my online class zoom sessions. I'm in grad school to everything is online with many students logged in. Besides QoS on or OFF doesn't help with my problem, unfortunately. Do you have a problem upgrading the database like I do?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

I dont have that router and I don't use qos because I have gigabit. 

definitely slows speeds when on gigabit. 

when you're using your zoom calls, are you hardwired in or wireless? 

And if wirelss, are you on the 5ghz?

Message 6 of 7
David_M
Tutor

Wired connection definately....Strangely enough, the previous FW update fix had improvements in their database for better zoom calls with QoS. They pushed a new FW last night (some security fixes) which I downloaded. Unfortunately, it still has the same issues with upgrading the performance database.

Like I said before, I get more than my paid speeds even with QoS ON... I pay for 300/10 mbps but i get 350+/12 mpbs with QoS on or off. Probably the improvements they made in the prior FW eliminated the high CPU overhead QoS had before?

Other forum members (not with this router) are having similar issues.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7