• 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

"Authentication Required" & "No such file or directory" error - WNR1000 v2

Every time I try to go to a website I either get an "authentication required" pop up or a "no such file or directory" error. 

When I get the pop up, I enter "admin" & "password" (I reset the router) and it doesn't work. If I hit "cancel" it asks me for the serial number, and when I enter it, it tells me it's incorrect (I'm positive it's correct).

This only happens when I'm on wifi. My data works fine. 

It's happening on my laptop, tablet, phone... everything.

Model: WNR1000v2|Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
Master

Re: "Authentication Required" & "No such file or directory" error - WNR1000

Are you sire it is the router asking if you bypass the router and plug a computer via alan cable into the modem do you get the internet or the same message?

Installed any new programs lately ?

Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

When I connect the wire directly I no longer have the issue. I haven't installed anything. I have just been having internet issues for a few weeks and I did reset the router and unplug/replug the cables
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Master

Have you check the wifi security settings since you said the wired lan(data) ports work the wifi use the ssid and passphrease you set and the security level set for the wifi if they all do not match with what the device wants to see it will asked for it. 

Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have no idea how to check that 😕 . I tried logging in to the router website but it won't let me because of that error
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Master

If using genie do not use instead go to your web browser and use 192.168.1.1 it should like this http://192.168.1.1 into the web site name address bar this the normal ip address of the router interface log in with your users name and password if accepted your into the users control interface of the router

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I put the correct info in but it just keeps popping up and asking for it again

Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
Master

Are you using adimn for the users name and password for the password you said that you reset the router so it would be at factory settings and even if the wireless devices detect the route the ssid and passphease is now different missed the fact you reset the router in the other posting.

Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yeah that's what I'm using but it still keeps saying it's wrong
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Master

@jcastaneda8213 wrote:
When I connect the wire directly I no longer have the issue. I haven't installed anything. I have just been having internet issues for a few weeks and I did reset the router and unplug/replug the cables

When say wired directily do you mean to the modem or router's lan port?

how did you reset the router?

Message 10 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I had just held the button down with a paperclip. But I just noticed that I think I have 2 routers? (I didn't set it up, Comcast did)

What I thought was the modem says it's a router (WNDR4500v3) and then there is also one that says WNR1000. Could this be the issue? Comcast has been 0 help and I'm trying to figure this out.

Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Master

Yes it could be what does it serve or is it forgetten part of history may be time to remap your network  and see what you have on it.

Message 12 of 12