× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6220 drops internet connection

crystal27
Follower

r6220 drops internet connection

I have R6220 router and directly connected to my modem ( my internet company is optimum).  I also have ethernet cable directly from R6220 to my computer, Recently, the internet often drops, while the modem shows internet works, but I have no internet access from direct  connection( router to computer) or through wifi. Every time I have to reset router  to get internet back. During the no internet time, the green lights on router are still on.  The router is 4.5 years old( bought in May 2018).  What causes it? I did not have this problem before and it started recently.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2

Re: r6220 drops internet connection

@crystal27 wrote:

I have R6220 router and directly connected to my modem ( my internet company is optimum). 

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7