× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to see router to set up as access point

bookel
Aspirant

unable to see router to set up as access point

My main router is a Nighthawk R7000.  The WNR2000v5 I have lying around as a backup. I now want to use the wnr2000v5 as an access point in my band rehearsal space outside the house. I need the access point because I cannot get the R7000 signal in the rehearsal space. I have cat5e running to the reheasal space and ready to go. My problem is this; I have followed instructions to make the wnr2000v5 an access point to where I connect a cat5 cable to the yellow internet port and the other to a client port on the R7000. I am doing this in my living room where the R7000 is located. When I open my browser and go to www.routerlogin.net or .com it brings me to the R7000 login and I can't seem to get to the wnr2000v5 logon. I've tried turning off my wireless on my laptop and connecting from the laptop ethernet port to a client port and the yellow internet port on the wnr2000v5. Either way my computer does not see the wnr2000v5. I know the laptop is working right because I can connect to the R7000 network through wired client port or wifi. Oh and if I turn off the R7000 completely and turn on the wnr2000v5 and "see" it wirelessly I can connect (not connecting it to the modem) but still cannot get a login page through my browser either by the routerlogin.net/.com or by 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. I just get a message that says I'm not logged into the R7000 network and cant log in. Yes I have done a factory reset. Anyone have any helpful insights. I really want to set up an access point so I can have wireless inside my rehearsal space. Maybe if this router is toast suggestions to another router that is easy to set up as an access point?

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
bookel
Aspirant

Re: unable to see router to set up as access point

well, nevermind, I tried again here a few hours later, did not do anytihng new and low and behold I could finally see the wnr2000v5. All is set up and running like I wanted.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
bookel
Aspirant

Re: unable to see router to set up as access point

well, nevermind, I tried again here a few hours later, did not do anytihng new and low and behold I could finally see the wnr2000v5. All is set up and running like I wanted.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7