× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: use a hotspot as the internet source to the router

Ankenyike
Aspirant

use a hotspot as the internet source to the router

I want to use an Android phone hotspot as the internet connection TO the router, and then will connect via ethernet cable, a weather station.  The weather station needs to be hard wired to a router, thus it cannot go directly to the hotspot.  The hotspot needs to be connected as the intrenet source (like DSL or cable)  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Bridge mode can be done on most (recent) NETGEAR routers. you don't need additional equipment for that. I recommend AC1900-class routers like the R7000 which are best bang for buck and performance. don't stare yourself at the numbers of newer routers as they won't magically increase your range or so. And for the throughput, you'd need a compatible wifi card for that

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Use a router in bridge mode....bridge it to the hotspot

Message 2 of 4
Ankenyike
Aspirant

Can that be done withoit any additional equipment?  Do you have a recommended router model?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

Bridge mode can be done on most (recent) NETGEAR routers. you don't need additional equipment for that. I recommend AC1900-class routers like the R7000 which are best bang for buck and performance. don't stare yourself at the numbers of newer routers as they won't magically increase your range or so. And for the throughput, you'd need a compatible wifi card for that

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7