Re: v1.0.0.17 Released, but for USA Only???

Hagster1969
Aspirant

Hi all,
bought one of these 4 days ago, was fully expecting to have to load 1.0.0.17 straight away, thought id try it out the box before upgrading, and im still connected. Over 4 days now, stock firmware .12, guess i must be lucky.

if I get no problems disconnecting with .12 does .17 firmware give you any additional functions ?

As im not gonna upgrade if its not broke at the moment.

Guy
Message 51 of 56
Aspirant

Have received a reply from my.netgear.com to my red light problem reported above. They want me to install a v1.0.0.15 debug version. If I do can I later install a production version such as v1.0.0.17? My.netgear technician suggests I can't which would mean I could loose any useful future updates.
Message 52 of 56
Scubbie
Apprentice

Hagster1969 wrote:
bought one of these 4 days ago, was fully expecting to have to load 1.0.0.17 straight away, thought id try it out the box before upgrading, and im still connected. Over 4 days now, stock firmware .12, guess i must be lucky.

if I get no problems disconnecting with .12 does .17 firmware give you any additional functions ?

As im not gonna upgrade if its not broke at the moment.

v1.0.0.17 has only just been released. It is highly unlikely that the ships carrying the latest version pre-installed will have arrived yet.

If you have an ADSL2+ connection, then I would suggest that you read the various threads on this forum then consider updating to v1.0.0.17 ASAP.

32110 wrote:
Have received a reply from my.netgear.com to my red light problem reported above. They want me to install a v1.0.0.15 debug version. If I do can I later install a production version such as v1.0.0.17? My.netgear technician suggests I can't which would mean I could loose any useful future updates.

Why not?

I went from v1.0.0.15_Debug3 to v1.0.0.17, like many other members of this forum.
Message 53 of 56
keith_thfc
Tutor

Sounds like Netgear are talking nonsense - I did the same as Scubbie/others on here and updated from v1.0.0.15_Debug3 to v1.0.0.17 with no issues.

From what I could see each firmware version is stand alone so all you lose when changing versions are your previous settings.
Message 54 of 56
Dazeon
Aspirant

There may be some truth in this, at least in my case.

I am currently running on firmware V1.0.0.10_1.0.10_DSL_Detcion_Debug, which I have been stuck on since the original beta test.

The router consistently fails to upgrade to the previous official release via the built-in GUI updater and I have been unable to install the recently released V1.0.0.17 release.

I have downloaded both the current and previous officially released firmware using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer with my Sky connection, as well as downloading via my 3G connection and another house using a BT connection.

Whichever way I try it always fails to update.

I vaguely remember being instructed to slide-load the V1.0.0.10_1.0.10_DSL_Detcion_Debug firmware via Telnet, or at least having to enable Telnet to get it on the router, but I have since lost the PowerPoint instructions from Netgear.

That's probably not a lot of use to you but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
Message 55 of 56
laozhu
Aspirant

Stillstruggling to get the right hand panel (and also keep the DHCP server serving the Atheros with a lease) is this your set up with GUI shown as v 15

Hardware Version DGND3700
Firmware Version V1.0.0.17_1.0.17
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.15

Scubbie wrote:
That is the normal way to access your router and the same as what I do under most circumstances. My IP address range is slightly different, but not an issue.

I still get the help & explanations in the blue right-hand panel. This leads me to believe that perhaps you should reinstall v1.0.0.17 as it appears to be corrupted on your router.

As for short cuts, you could save a particular page address for your router or use Netgear's shortcut for all their routers:

http://www.routerlogin.net

Try these links and see what you get (they are safe):

http://www.routerlogin.net/RST_status.htm

http://www.routerlogin.net/RST_statistics.htm

http://www.routerlogin.net/traffic_meter.htm

A couple of times last month with v1.0.0.15 I couldn't get in to my router's GUI. I had to turn it off and back on a few seconds later to reset it. Strangely this happened again yesterday. :mad:

What you seem to be describing is something quite different though. This leads me to believe that you should reinstall the latest version again.
Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E