× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

why the reset password page pops up after i entering 192.168.0.1, instead of the setting page

leeex
Aspirant

why the reset password page pops up after i entering 192.168.0.1, instead of the setting page

I previously blocked some devices, now this time i wanna add a device and then i open 192.168.0.1 which is my ip address, and entering my id and password, then the weird thing happens, the page pops up is to reset password, not the setting page. And i can do nothing other than resetting my password. Since my serial number is covered with ink so i cannot reset my password as well. Anyone could help me with this? Thank you so much!

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
leeex
Aspirant

Re: why the reset password page pops up after i entering 192.168.0.1, instead of the setting page

Hi Michael,

I reset the router and it works, I can log on the admin page and set the block options.  Like you said i also set answers to the security questions, and it works fine now. Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

Re: why the reset password page pops up after i entering 192.168.0.1, instead of the setting page

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

@leeex wrote:

I previously blocked some devices, now this time i wanna add a device and then i open 192.168.0.1 which is my ip address

Not really your IP address, but the address that the modem/router has on the local network.

There is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has not way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

Message 2 of 4
leeex
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

I reset the router and it works, I can log on the admin page and set the block options.  Like you said i also set answers to the security questions, and it works fine now. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4

Glad it worked.

I don't set the recovery questions. I just turn off password recovery. There's no one around here who knows how to break in.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7