wifi drop

gonzaleshouse78
Aspirant

wifi drop

R6350 model. AC1750  my wifi drops and disconnects everyday  BUT the ethernet cable from it to my pc does not so i know the router works but the wfi cant stay connected for one day. Is there anything anybody can thing of? i have spectrum and it goes to the router the router supplies the wifi and ethernet port to the pc.  can't figure why the wifi drops everyday in the morning and mostly at night around the same time about 945-10 pm..  yes same time almost daily.. i have to restart it each time.

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 3
gonzaleshouse78
Aspirant

Re: wifi drop

I did the firmware update and that did not change the issue.   It dropped again last night.  the router in the firmware setting has no disable/enable auto search feature for it.  Any suggestions.  Again my harwire from router to pc stayed connected but wifi drops.

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: wifi drop

Have you checked if other wifi routers in your area are on the same channel as yours? It could be intereference from neighboring routers. There's various cell apps and computer apps that can give you info on that. Innsider for cell phones, and Vistumbler for a laptop to check the neighboring wifi routers channels.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E