• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

wireless printing

I have two printers connected to my R6220 router. One is a Brother MFC-465CN which is connected to router via Ethernet cable, and the other is a Brother HL-2140 which is connected to router through a USB cable. I have downloaded the Netgear USB Control Center. I have a desktop PC connected to router via Ethernet cable, and a laptop pc that connects to the router wirelessly. From my desktop computer I can print to both the Ethernet and USB connected printers. From the laptop I can only print to the HL-2140 which is the USB connected printer. Is there a way to print from the laptop pc to the MFC-465CN Ethernet connected printer?

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: wireless printing

Can you see the printer from your laptop? Do you have the Brother printer drivers loaded on your laptop?

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

yes I can see the printer on my laptop

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay. I am actually on phone with netgear support and getting nowhere fast. The laptop has the drivers installed. I was using a Belkin N600+ router up to a couple of days ago and I could print to either printer from my laptop. Now that I replaced the Belkin with the Netgear AC1200 router, I can only print to the USB connected printer, not the ethernet connected one.

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RudyV,

1. Are you getting an error message when selecting the MFC-465CN?

2. Can the laptop ping the the printer?

3. Try doing Address Reservation for the printer. Check the link below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24091

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

thanks for for trying to help. I was so totally frustrated with Netgear's support, no 800 number, on hold for over 30 minutes both times I called with this problem. Chat was a joke the first day, then second day wasn't even available. When I reach a live person on the phone yesterday, I could hardly understand her, then every question she had to put me on hold and ask someone else for answers. I was on the phone with her over an hour and she was unable to get the printer to work, said I needed to contact Brother. I returned the Netgear's router and bought a Belkin. I experienced the identical issue, i.e., it would only allow printing from my laptop to the USB connected printer and not to the Ethernet connected one. I decided to remove the printer using my control panel, then reinstalled it as a network computer. Viola! It worked and I can now print to both. I'm surprised that the Netgear's techs did not suggest this. Thanks again for your help.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RudyV,

You are welcome. Good to know that you got it fixed.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 7