Aspirant

wndr 3700 - Drobo ?

Hello all,

=====
Hardware Version WNDR3700v2
Firmware Version V1.0.0.8
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.67
=====

I did my best to search the forum on this question but only saw bits here and there but nothing clear enough.. so here goes:

Today I purchassed this "wndr 3700" so I could use a DROBO Pro with 16TB on that USB port - this so to avoid using a computer as a Media Server. (PS3 does not even see the router's broadcast).

Sad thing is that the Router does not appear to see anything in this USB port.. nor I can access the content of that 'mass storage device'.

Before I return this router to the store.. would someone else here have experiment this type of problem before?

Regards,

L
Message 1 of 5
lostmule
Aspirant

Re: wndr 3700 - Drobo ?

Well.. I have done lots of research on this issue and found a few conflicting answer which does not make sense. One thing is for certain, the WNDR3700 is incompatible with drobo pro with 16TB.

I will return this router to the store and I hope this will be resolve in a future version!
Message 2 of 5
claykin
Aspirant

Drobo Pro has a Gigabit ethernet port. Why bother with USB?

I re-read the Drobo pro tech specs and its unclear if the ethernet port is accessible for anything other than iSCSI. Have you looked into this?
Message 3 of 5
lostmule
Aspirant

What I am looking for is for replacing a computer (DLNA server) with something like this WNDR3700 so that DLNA hardware can access this mass storage device. Note: other than that, using the iSCSI on the router (any routher for that mater) works very well... Again, what I am looking for is for the DLNA functionality
Message 4 of 5
claykin
Aspirant

lostmule wrote:
What I am looking for is for replacing a computer (DLNA server) with something like this WNDR3700 so that DLNA hardware can access this mass storage device. Note: other than that, using the iSCSI on the router (any routher for that mater) works very well... Again, what I am looking for is for the DLNA functionality

Don't think you'll be able to do it with a DroboPro. The DroboFS has an app to add DLNA functionality, but that won't help you.

The USB Readyshare feature is designed for file sharing, not streaming. The DLNA certification is for the wireless, not USB Readyshare. That may be confusing.

Even if you could get the Drobo USB to be recognized, I'm not sure you'd be happy with the end result. The Readyshare can only see NTFS, FAT32 and EXT3 volumes.

You may want to look @ another solution such as a ReadyNAS.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E