wndr3400v2 internet speed issue

techfreak8
Aspirant

wndr3400v2 internet speed issue

Ok I got a problem with my wndr3400v2. Whenever I connect my iPad mini on iOS 7.1 with the wndr3400v2 running on firmware 1.0.0.34_1.0.52. the internet speds is not as fast as it should be. I am very close to the router with my iPad like 7ft away so it can't be a signal issue and no interference issue either as I have used insider to make sure there isn't interference when I did the speed test. The channel is set to 11. So when I did the speed test on my ipad the Ping was 19 ms, the download speed was 42.70 and the upload speed was 19.03 . Now here is the problem, The speeds I am suppose to get are 60 down and 30 up and 11ms ping and I am not getting those speeds :mad: The weird thing is on my computer I did a speed test very close to the router 7ft and I got the speeds I am suppose to get 60 and 30 but not on the iPad :mad: What is going on here?
Message 1 of 5
WizardJ
Luminary

Re: wndr3400v2 internet speed issue

Your post contains alot of text, tried my best to interpret the bullet points. Smiley Very Happy Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I managed to gather up:

Now, this sounds reasonable to me. What exactly is the issue here? In my opinion, a mobile device like an iPad cannot be expected to perform in the same manner as a PC. What you could try and do is connecting the iPad to another wireless network and see how it performs then, to compare the two. Smiley Happy
8/1 Mbit/s ADSL

Router: D-Link DIR-615

Wired AP: Netgear WNR1000v2
Message 2 of 5
techfreak8
Aspirant

What I am simply asking is why are the speeds on my iPad slower than the PC speeds. ?Both the PC and iPad are very close to router and the iPad speeds are slower What gives? :mad:
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

2 cents on the subject

My Ipadair on 5g & 2.4 matches pc with test. 57Mbps DL and 12Mbps UL ping 10ms

My 4s reads 25 Mbps lower on DL and ping is 3 times worse than PC using 2.4

I suspect it has to do with hardware one costing $700 with better specs than iphone
Message 4 of 5
WizardJ
Luminary

Like I just said, the iPad is a mobile device, hence the hardware is in all cases most likely a derivative of desktop class hardware. Thus the performance should not be compared with usual PC performance. That's the basic gist of it.

Now make a happy smiley! Smiley Happy
8/1 Mbit/s ADSL

Router: D-Link DIR-615

Wired AP: Netgear WNR1000v2
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements