× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wnr2000v5

widmart
Follower

wnr2000v5

I was told by my internet provider that i have horrible speeds due to my router being in "bridge" mode and to take it off... Anyone know how to go about this

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: wnr2000v5

What speeds do you get? 

The wnr2000 is a base model n300 device and isn't going to have very fast speeds.

Its ethernet is only 10/100mbps and its n300 wireless is maybe going to give you 40-50mbps max in a decent environment (low interference)

Message 2 of 4

@widmart wrote:

I was told by my internet provider that i have horrible speeds due to my router being in "bridge" mode and to take it off...

Looks like more evidence that tech support at many ISPs is, to put it mildly, rubbish.

For a start, your router isn't designed to support "bridge mode", whatever your ISP thinks this is. That's a label that gets used in different ways. depending what we are talking about.

@plemans has already started the ball rolling,

Your wnr2000v5 is a router which means that it probably sites behind a router. What is that?

What speeds do you pay for? As @plemans says, your router is old (first released in 2008) and slow. If you are paying for speeds faster than 100 Mbps you are throwing money away.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

That router is pretty old, I suggest you get something newer to get higher speeds. You can use that router as an access point if you need to expand your signal somewhere where it's weak. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7