× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After installing a new wireless printer, my Netgear login info changed, can't get back online!

Donmenz
Aspirant

After installing a new wireless printer, my Netgear login info changed, can't get back online!

Just installed a new Canon wireless printer. At setup the directions had me push the button on the router, so that the printer software could find it. Afterwards, instead of coming up as NETGEAR for our network choice, it comes up as NTGR bt1Z9dj....etc. It of coure asks for a password, which I do not have. Somehow, my laptop is OK, but all other devices do not have internet access.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Donmenz
Aspirant

Re: After installing a new wireless printer, my Netgear login info changed, can't get back online!

Thanks for your interest in my problem! On a whim, I called Microsoft, and they solved the (minor) problem. Seems that when i hooked up the new printer it just changed the router ID from what I was used to seeing. They just renamed it, and I made up a new password and we were good to go! If I was just a bit more tech savvy.... 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

Re: After installing a new wireless printer, my Netgear login info changed, can't get back online!

Which button on the router? WPS?

Which router is this?

Is NTGR bt1Z9dj....etc the SSID you see?

Message 2 of 3
Donmenz
Aspirant

Thanks for your interest in my problem! On a whim, I called Microsoft, and they solved the (minor) problem. Seems that when i hooked up the new printer it just changed the router ID from what I was used to seeing. They just renamed it, and I made up a new password and we were good to go! If I was just a bit more tech savvy.... 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7