Initial Contributor

Blinking green light after firmware update failed on WNR3500

Tried to update the firmware on the router via the router's default address (http://192.168.0.1/) and selecting "Update Firmware" after being told there was an update. The router began updating and then a "Page cannot be foud" error came up after the page tried to refesh itself. Now the green power light is blinking and I cannot access the router. I have tried all online resets and power cycle tricks I can find, but none worked. I stopped short of trying tp TFTP the firmware BIN fiel to the router as I read that this will void my warenty. This was done while connected via an ethernet cable...
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: Blinking green light after firmware update failed on WNR3500

you don't have much choice to to RMA or do TFTP. people has used DD-WRT as well but all in your choice
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

Any chance some one can do an idot's guide to TFTPing the firmware for me? The TFTP program I managed to download left me baffled...

Thanks.
Regular Contributor

scoilt wrote:
Any chance some one can do an idot's guide to TFTPing the firmware for me? The TFTP program I managed to download left me baffled...

Thanks.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=30453
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

I got to the point where my tftp said it transfered my chk file.. Is that supposed to do it? Is there something else I need to do. I have a WNR3500 router. The chk was I uploaded to router is WNR3500L-V1.2.2.40_34.0.48NA... My command window tells me that it transferred all bytes in one second.. but no change in router. Is there something else I need to do? Thank you for your help. I don't want to have to buy a new router but it is looking like that. Again, after my chk file has been tftp-ed to the router, what is my next step.
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors