Initial Contributor

Cant connect to internet on smart tv

I have DGN1000SP wireless router which was provided by my ISP - Virgin national broadband. I have just bought a new smart tv - a Panasonic P50GT50B which has in built wifi capability. I have connected my tv to my router by wireless by entering in my router password on my tv. I ran the connection test option on the tv and it said it had passed. But when I click the internet option on my tv remote, I just get an error - can't connect error 005. I have tried it with a wired ethernet cable instead and it works fine, so I assume my tv is ok and so it must be something with the wireless setup that is not working properly. All other devices in my house work ok on wifi - smartphone, laptop, ipad etc.
Unfortunately it isnt practical to keep the ethernet cable plugged in to the tv due to the tv and router being in different rooms. Is there something I should do to the settings of my router and/or tv so that I can connect by wifi to the internet?
Regular Contributor

Re: Cant connect to internet on smart tv

What is the error 5 means from the manufacture ?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

I have no idea, I'm afraid, they don't seem to publicise these.
Respected Contributor

You need to call them and ask them.
Initial Contributor

OK, I have played around with the settings on my router and find that I have fixed this problem. If anyone is interested, the solution was to change the security from WPA to WPA/WPA2 mixed. Unfortunately I have little idea what these mean so it was more by luck than judgement, but at least it is working now. If anyone can give me a layman's explanation of why this worked and what it has done, I would be interested in learning. Thanks
Regular Contributor

Every networking devices communicates so your finding would not always work for others .
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors