Initial Contributor

Chromecast

I have a WNDR3800 and it will not connect with chromecast. Chrome cast makes mention of AP isolation but I don't see that exact setting on the router menu. Before I return this, does anyone have any clues or help? Keep it simple pleaseSmiley Surprised
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Chromecast

Chrome cast makes mention of AP isolation but I don't see that exact setting

Already have post on this. Message your get is GENERAL message from chrome cast is for ANY network issues

Other user fixed by power cycle the router . AP isolation suggestion is likely the issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Initial Contributor

I have the same problem with a WPN824v3 RangeMax. Chromecast says to disable Netgear's WPN824v3 wireless client association. How does one do that? All I can find in the router settings that might be similar to this is "Disable Wireless Client Association under both "Wireless Repeater and Wireless Base Station. Will this work?
Initial Contributor

I have a similar problem but there seems to be no response to this question
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If Chromecast suggest disabling ‘wireless client association’ and there is an option in the router settings to ‘Disable Wireless Client Association’ then I would suggest simply giving it a try to see if it works. Unfortunately the online manual I found doesn’t seem to include the necessary detail, so I can’t be sure it will work, but there should be no harm done in trying.
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Top Contributors