Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Considering Xfinity High speed Internet 150Mbps and up

KR4077
Aspirant

Considering Xfinity High speed Internet 150Mbps and up

Does anyone know what Xfinity-approved high speed wi-fi modem works best with the Dell Optiplex 760 desktop using Windows 10? As far as plans go I want 150Mbps or better. I was reading Amazon reviews for the NETGEAR CM1000 DOCSIS 3.1 Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem. Max download speeds of 1.0 Gbps - certified for XFINITY by Comcast (CM1000), but I'm not sure if that's what I truly need for online trading. Help.

Message 1 of 4
William10a
Master

The computer can support a 1gb lan connection here are the specs for the computer http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/optiplex-760/pd

If you want to go the wifi route you install a wiresless card in the computer.

The max speed you can run on the internet is 1gb but the true max is what you can afford and the max speed offer by the isp no matter what you get the copmuter lan port should handle it.

Message 2 of 4
KR4077
Aspirant

Thank you for your help. I have another question. Is the wireless card that you're recommending the same as the wireless adapter ( ex. RealTek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802 usb 2.0) ? Or are they unrelated ?

Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

The wifi card is a wireless lan card that plugs in to a slot on the mother board but the usb based wifi adapter will be the easiest to find keep in mind that as with all wifi signals in a home it is a game of chance to the best signal.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7