× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Default gateway on WiFi router

tantony
Luminary

Default gateway on WiFi router

If I go to LAN Setup, I can configure static IP for this WiFi router, but how do I add the default router?  The IP Address is 172.16.128..  IP Subnet Mask is 255.255.192.0, but I don't see a Default Gateway option.

Also, it won't let me edit the DHCP scope.  I can only do from 172.16.128.4 - 172.16.128.254.  But, I want it to be 172.16.151.1 - 172.16.151.254

Model: WNDR4000|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Default gateway on WiFi router

I don't have the bigger, global picture. For a router operating in router mode, the router is the default gateway. For routers operating in WLAN AP mode only, features like the DHCP server won't be available - but of course the management interface is able to take a single static default gateway address.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Well, these routers are designed and implemented for dead simple usage, the router itself is the default gateway, anything beyond of 255.255.255.0 can't be configured on the DHCP server, ...

Message 2 of 4
tantony
Luminary

Are there Netgear WiFi routers where I can put in the default gateway and DHCP?  Or is this the same for ALL WiFi routers?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

I don't have the bigger, global picture. For a router operating in router mode, the router is the default gateway. For routers operating in WLAN AP mode only, features like the DHCP server won't be available - but of course the management interface is able to take a single static default gateway address.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7