× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Re-Open - Re: Firmware Updates

TwoTiny2
Aspirant

Firmware Updates

Would someone please help.  I have a Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router as the primary router connected to a Netgear AC1200 Model R6100 Wi-Fi Router secondary router, connection via Lan to Lan type connection.  What I need help with is, I just updated the firmware on my AC1900 Nighthawk Router, do I need to update the firmware for my AC1200 Model R6100 router?  I wondering this because the AC1200 Model R6100 router is the secondary router and the main connection to the internet would be the primary router.  Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Firmware Updates

I would there may be a fix or two for  the router's firmware even it is in access point mode it can not hurt to check what version firmware it has and kepp up too date.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Firmware Updates

I would there may be a fix or two for  the router's firmware even it is in access point mode it can not hurt to check what version firmware it has and kepp up too date.

Message 2 of 6
TwoTiny2
Aspirant

Re-Open - Re: Firmware Updates

I'm sorry to have to "re-open" this thread, but I need further assistance.  At first I thought I would knew how to update my secondary router, but as it is, I don't know how, I need help with "how to do this"?

I have a Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router as the primary router connected which is connected to a Netgear AC1200 Model R6100 Wi-Fi Router secondary router, connection via Lan to Lan type connection.  What I need help with is, I just updated the firmware on my AC1900 Nighthawk Router, now I would like to update the firmware for my AC1200 Model R6100 router, which is the secondary router.  Any "how to" solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
William10a
Master

You need to change the ip address of the second router to so thing like 192.168.1.2 and you could select which router you access by the ip address.

You may have first disconnect the second router to access the second router's gui too make the change and update it's firmware.

Message 4 of 6
TwoTiny2
Aspirant

I tried everything that "I" know how to do, but can't get to into the router setting area to change the IP address.  I unplugged the router to see if I would be able to get into the system setting but - no go.  I might have to do a hard reset on the secondary router to update the firmware.  But I really don't want to do this, so I might just leave that secondary router unupdated.  Thanks for your assist though.  Really appreciate the help.

Message 5 of 6
William10a
Master

That should be ok the main router handles all the network task anyways.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7