× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

afarensis
Guide

I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

Hello,

I cannot connect with Chrome to the Netgear NAS type RN10200 interface, with the URL https://192.168.178.27/admin. There is (for minutes) no response. Also not without the word 'admin'

If I try it with Edge, then I become the message: ‘Site not secure’. When I click 'continue to webpage (not recommended)’. then I can login.

But why? I've had this hassle for years. Can't that just be repaired so I can normally login with Chrome (the world's best browser)?

Kind regards, Geoge (from Holland0

Excuse my bad Englisch

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

Hi @afarensis

If you can access from Edge, you should be able to access it from Chrome too. Have you tried clearing cache and web data on your Chrome?

You may want to check this article Installing a Certificate on Google Chrome for ReadyNAS OS6

Users here usually turn to Firefox when managing from Admin page since it is easier to add exemption to it.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: I cannot connect in Chrome to the NAS

@afarensis wrote:

Can't that just be repaired so I can normally login with Chrome ... ?

Hi Geoge, Can't think of any systematic issues with Chrome when it comes to the access to ReadyNAS OS 6. Potentially malware or a really corrupted Chrome installation. You might try a Reset Chrome settings to default.

Regards,

-Kurt

PS. @Marc_V please move this thread to the ReadyNAS forum.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements