× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My password for my router no longer works

leefoo
Aspirant

My password for my router no longer works

Somehow my Extender WiFi got dropped.

I can access only my initial WiFi now.

When I try to access "&&&&&_EXT" and I put in my correct password, it doesn't work anymore.

How can I reset the password and re-input a new one?

Thx

Model: WNR1000|RangeMax 150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: My password for my router no longer works

If it is an iThing that is causing problems, then that is the first place to look. An upgrade to iOS will have no effect on the WN1000RP, it certainly will not change the wifi password.

If you are trying to connect to the wifi, then tell your iThing to forget past connections to "&&&&&_EXT" and start from scratch.

You can find a detailed manual for the WN1000RP here:

>>> WN1000RP | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

If nothing works, then you can reset the WN1000RP to its factory defaults. See page 7 of the manual.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Is that the wifi password? Or the one to get into the control interface?

The WNR1000 is a wireless router, not a wifi extender. Is that the box you are trying to get at?

Message 2 of 5
leefoo
Aspirant

I have a Verizon Fios router.

I have the "WiFi Booster for Mobile WN1000RP". That is what it says on the installation guide.

I upgraded to IOS 10 and all he!! broke loose with my settings, including the booster. I punched in the password and it didn't work! 

Message 3 of 5

If it is an iThing that is causing problems, then that is the first place to look. An upgrade to iOS will have no effect on the WN1000RP, it certainly will not change the wifi password.

If you are trying to connect to the wifi, then tell your iThing to forget past connections to "&&&&&_EXT" and start from scratch.

You can find a detailed manual for the WN1000RP here:

>>> WN1000RP | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

If nothing works, then you can reset the WN1000RP to its factory defaults. See page 7 of the manual.

Message 4 of 5
leefoo
Aspirant

Thx....a reset and the Netwear Genie worked wonders!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7