× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable.

bull22
Aspirant

My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
bull22
Aspirant

Re: My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable no

Your reply was rater strange. When i point out that the download speed when using a cable connecting my router to my computer my download speed is ok 60 Mbps it should imply that when i use WIFI my speed is 30Mbps or half the speed my internet provider is allowing me. That fact must have some implications. The router i am using as i pointed out is a Netgear WNDR 4300V1 Router. What has changed? You sugest to test the perfomence by using a nother cable, what are you talking about? What are the results of a factory reset? To end my reply i am not impressed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable.

Welcome to the community, @bull22 

What do you mean by "Ok when using cable"?

Is the speed reduced on wired or wireless?

Did you try using different ethernet cable?

If this is on wireless, are all wireless affected? 

What kind of wireless device are you using to test the test? 

What's the wireless adapter used? 

Do you have the latest wireless driver update?
Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Did you try reinstalling the firmware? 

If you have not, try that and then do a factory reset on the router. 

Observe your connection afterwards. 

Message 2 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Re: My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable.

On both bands? Any interfering singnals on the channels you use? Survey your neighborhood WiFi using scanner and

select best channel.

Message 3 of 6
bull22
Aspirant

Re: My router WNDR 4300V1 resently reduced the speed from 60 Mbps to 30 Mbps. Ok when using cable no

Your reply was rater strange. When i point out that the download speed when using a cable connecting my router to my computer my download speed is ok 60 Mbps it should imply that when i use WIFI my speed is 30Mbps or half the speed my internet provider is allowing me. That fact must have some implications. The router i am using as i pointed out is a Netgear WNDR 4300V1 Router. What has changed? You sugest to test the perfomence by using a nother cable, what are you talking about? What are the results of a factory reset? To end my reply i am not impressed.

Message 4 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

Your subject itself does not contain all information to help people on here.

This isn't a guessing community and there's "this space" to put further description of your issue.

It's like saying, "i need help, my house is burning" and then you ended the call then you wanted firemen to be at your house in a jiffy.

It was not even initially mentioned if that "Ok when using cable no" is the connection between the modem to PC or PC to router.

There are so many things to check before you pinpoint the exact answer to your problem.

Message 5 of 6
bull22
Aspirant

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7