× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N750

larryapple
Aspirant

N750

I moved across town after having no problems, and connected to a new internet provider (in Guatemala). Again, no problems until this one showed up a couple of days later. If I try to go to a top level web site, such as www.apple.com or inmotionhosting.com, it asks me to log in even though the top level is unsecured. It doesn't matter what web site, and it doesn't always happen, but the simple dialog is always formatted the same as the example below: Log in to www.(anytoplevel).com:80 Your password will be sent unencrypted (box) User Name (box) Password (checkbox) Remember this password                 Cancel            Log In This looks like a PFishing attempt to collect passwords. The strange thing is that if I connect to a different router (room next door) the issue does not happen. Regards, Larry
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
larryapple
Aspirant

Re: N750

Sorry for the false alarm. Restarting the router fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @larryapple

What's the exact model number of the NETGEAR device?

Did you try to factory reset the router? I suggest that after resetting, change the admin password for your router and as well as the wireless password.

Message 2 of 4
larryapple
Aspirant

Sorry for the false alarm. Restarting the router fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements