× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NetGear 6100D Sprint Router - random disconnects

TheawesomeMCB
Follower

NetGear 6100D Sprint Router - random disconnects

Hi,

I need help with a netgear sprint 6100d router, for some reason the router will lose connection at random times during the day or go extremely slow. I know this isnt just my router, i have friends that have the exact same router and have to reboot it at least once a day. I don't know if its the software version. I have the most current version, and i dont know what is going on. I need to know if there is a issue with the software, or do i need to use a previous version, the computer says failed to connect to a dns server, it like needs to be reboot once a day or more to keep the internet up. I was wondering if someone can help me if there is a setting i can change to fix this, i even tried to fix it by changing the dns server to google's dns server but that didnt help. I have devices that need to stay on 100% the time without having the router reboot, I have tried updating the prl as well but that doesnt solve my problem

If anyone can help me please let me know,

Thanks,

TheawesomeMCB

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @TheawesomeMCB

I believe the unit is provided by your ISP, correct? If it is, the support should be coming from them since its firmware is provisioned by them. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @TheawesomeMCB

I believe the unit is provided by your ISP, correct? If it is, the support should be coming from them since its firmware is provisioned by them. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7