× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear USB control center MacOS Sierra

catadiel
Initiate

Netgear USB control center MacOS Sierra

How about support status for Sierra?

Another project online wich offer similar functionality and suffered the same issues claims that on Sierra's next update (10.12.1 now in beta) Apple has restored all virtual USB kernel api wich means full working support for Sierra.

Are you looking into fixing the software or the support for mac is definetly broken?

Message 1 of 35

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear USB control center MacOS Sierra

We have officially released the compatible software to work with Mac OSX and above.

ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 2.36

View solution in original post

Message 35 of 35

All Replies
Citybirder
Guide

I would also be interested in a response from Netgear. The software is now useless, as is the company's support pages. The posting regarding the utility and the previous version of MacOS X was closed and marked "solved" without a resolution. A little bit of professionalism Netgear ... maybe?

Message 2 of 35
raypick
Aspirant

Netgear seems like the dead letter office.  Keeping silent won't satisfy the user community.  When can we expect a fix and how will users be notified?  Will we have to discover by chance that it has been fixed or will Netgear notify its users directly?  This issue leaves some business and home users dead in the water, or with undependable intermittant performance.  HELP!

Message 3 of 35
egberts
Guide

I've just done a fresh install of Mac OSX 10.12 (Sierra) on a Macbook Pro Retina.

Now, I am going to try to install the driver listed on NetGear downnload page at http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27655 .

Message 4 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello All, I am still waiting from our engineering team an update about the USB Center Control Utility that will be compatible with your Mac OS.

It's still under SQA, once it has passed that phase I will let you all know. 

Message 5 of 35
kneb139
Aspirant

I purchased a model C6300 and tried to install the Utility NETGEAR USB Control Center, it never worked always saying installation was incomplete. Now I've updated Mac OS X a couple times to 10.12.2, and I tried to run the uninstaller but it fails sayig it is incompatible with this version of OS. I would like now to uninstall all traces of the NETGEAR software.

I'm OK with using Terminal if I must. 

Can someone please supply a list of all NETGEAR software that I need to uninstall. Or provide a link to an Uninstaller that works.

Thx.

Message 6 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kneb139 I suggest that you get the beta software for the NETGEAR USB Control Center that's compatible to work with El Capitan and Sierra by contacting our support team. 

Message 7 of 35
kneb139
Aspirant

Good idea, however when I tried contacting support it says to contact this community or call and pay and I do not want to pay to solve something NETGEAR needs to address. I do not have the purchase receipt handy either.

I was hoping that someone from NETGEAR might be watching here. Do you know a link for the beta software so i could try? Thx.

Message 8 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kneb139 Let me make a follow-up with support. 

Message 9 of 35
Wfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like Netgear to let me know when they can get the USB control center utility up and running for Mac OS 10.12.2. Everytime I try to load this from their website, the computer either tells me that it is not compatable with my OS or it's for Windows.  I need this for wireless printing as the product states it can do.  Thanks

Message 10 of 35
Wfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please let me know as I'm still waiting to get my printer on the Netgear USB control utility.  Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2.  I see by the posts, this has been going on for a while and should have been fixed by now.  Thanks

Message 11 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Wfl Kindly contact support to get the beta NETGEAR USB Control Center utility and report back once you have tried it. 

Message 12 of 35
Wfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support and they want me to buy extended warranty.  I do not wish to do this since I think this is not a warranty problem but a Netgear problem.  They told me to do it myself!!!!  I'm not very happy with that answer and looked at the support and still see the same downloads.  This is not helping in any way shape or form.  Is the download I just did for security that Netgear came out with help???  Any answer at all would be something.   Thanks

Message 13 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Wfl Let me make a follow-up on this with support. Kindly PM me your customer ID. 

Message 14 of 35
Wfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't get that but my case number is 27830314. It was a female 

Message 15 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Wfl Thank you! I have forwarded your information to one of our support team. 

Someone will be in contact with you. 

Message 16 of 35
Wfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You

Message 17 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome. 

Message 18 of 35

Hello,

I run latest Sierra (10.12.2) on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012). I first tried to get the v.2.35 Installer to work on 8 Dec without success. There was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with Support up to 22 Dec, with them basically asking for more info and saying that it worked OK for them.

I have heard nothing since, so today I thought I might try a few more things.

I reran the v.2.35 Installer with same result (seemed to do nothing, as before). Then I went into the package contents of the installer and ran the installer again from there. After being asked to close the USB Control Center (which did not appear to be open, so I opened it from the package contents and then used Quit from the menu bar) the installer then ran and requested a system restart. After that I successfully tested both printing and scanning from my ancient but terrific print quality Canon MP630 printer (USB connected to a R6300 v2 bridged router).

It looked to me like a problem with the .dmg installer file unpackaged via "The Unarchiver" app from the .rar file downloaded from Netgear Support contact.  My guess is that the Developers did not start from a .rar file when they tested.  I have sent feedback to Support (including suggesting they use .zip files as zip is native on Macs).

At least we now know that there is a successful fix, that perhaps just needs to be better packaged for distribution.

Best wishes,   Charles.

Message 19 of 35
catadiel
Initiate

I've the same problem: warranty expired so I can't get into netgear support to request the beta.

Could I have access to the beta testing?

regards

Carlo

Message 20 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@catadiel Support should still provide you the beta even if you're out of warranty. 

For tracking purposes, you need to get a case number logged for that. You may tell support that it's a known issue about the USB Control Center Utility or better yet submit an online case

Message 21 of 35

I thought I might give some more feedback on my experience with this issue.

I got this response from April in support (to my feedback on their .rar file beta solution, as reported in my earlier post of 2 weeks ago).

"According to the engineers, we did not have any other users report similar issue for other users we provided the 2.35.rar file attached to issue 13873 and they used the installer file to install the software successfully. They think for this particular case it could have just been a case that you might have overlooked the files in the 2.35.rar directory."

I replied:

Hello April, Thank you for your response.

I would remind the "engineers" of a common saying from psychologists that "De Nile (sic) is more than a river in Egypt".

The presentation of a .rar file is bad enough (as it is not native to Macs and requires a program to be obtained in order to extract it). They should have used zip which is native to Macs.

The .dmg file (which is the only one that shows when the .rar file is extracted) should have performed the install (as it did with previous versions)! It failed to do so and produced no error messages.

I had to figure out a way to find the lower level files (by "Open the installer" and then "Show package contents"). Then I executed the installer exe from the package contents (which was eventually successful). First I was asked to close the USB Control Center (which did not appear to be open, so I opened it from the package contents and then used Quit from the menu bar) the installer then ran and requested a system restart. It appears that the .dmg file did do something, but had failed.

For the "engineers" to suggest that " it could have just been a case that you might have overlooked the files in the 2.35.rar directory" looks like they expect Customers to go through the rigmarole that I went through. Interestingly, there appear to have been no responses to requests in the Netgear Community for anyone who has successfully installed this beta.

Anyway, I am done with this for now.  My printing and scanning is continuing to work successfully.

Message 22 of 35
Tsteele23
Guide

any ideas when this newer version of USB Control Center will be GA?  I'm in the same boat too, after upgrading my Mac, found out that the only application that no longer works is this Netgear application, and I can no longer print.  I can't log a new case, as my account no longer provides an option to submit a new case.  Am I able to get a download copy of the beta version please?

Thanks

Tim

Message 23 of 35
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Tsteele23 I'll have one of our support team contact you for the beta. 

Message 24 of 35
Tsteele23
Guide

Thanks Elaine.  I received the beta driver from Alex in Support, however as Charles has highlighted, there is indeed an issue with the installer, it doesn't work.  Like Charles, you run the installer, and it finishes and does not install.  You have to go via "Show Package Contents" and crudely install the driver, but it does list a bunch of errors doing this.  However the driver does appear to install, and will run and allow me to connect to my printer, and print.   But there is issue with the installer that is for sure.

Message 25 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7