Aspirant

New Firmware Version: V1.0.0.32

Has anybody tried out the new firmware yet?
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware Version: V1.0.0.32

cannot even see a change-log online???
Aspirant

Yes, the only sign of the new version is the 'New firmware, would you like to upgrade' prompt appearing in the router web admin console.

I decided to click on it and after what limited testing I have done the basics seem to work okay for me. It always takes a long time to find the internet connection after a restart, and it did again, but that was the only problem I had.

It would be nice to get some release notes.
Novice

See the attached link from Netgear website for details on new firmware.

http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20264
Aspirant

I've installed it. Time will tell if it fixes my 2.4Ghz disconnect problem, but it is listed as a fix.

New Features and Enhancements:

Fixed - For 2.4G wireless connection, wireless client might be disconnected easily in heavy/noisy traffic environment.
Fixed router log issue (Stops collecting router logs after a few days.)
Enhances the NTFS file system write speed for ReadySHARE function.
Aspirant

For anyone that has updated this firmware. Did it retrieve your backup configuration files successfully? Just wondering if this is a 3 minute update, or a 30 minute update Smiley Happy
Aspirant

I have applied the new firmware and although I backed up my configuration before upgrade, I didn't need to restore it, it kept my settings after the upgrade, I went from .24 to .32.

This update has certainly improved the USB write speed, earlier I was getting around 3.5 MB/Sec, now I am getting around 7.70 MB/Sec.
Aspirant

That's great news all around. Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Tutor

Saving and reloading settings, or a live update is not the best way to update a router or any firmware device. This doesn't mean it can't be done, instead it means that it shouldn't be done. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Smiley Happy
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Tutor

Re: New Firmware Version: V1.0.0.32 (Proper)

WNDR3800 Firmware Version 1.0.0.32

Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.

New Features and Enhancements:

To install, as always see sig for better method to update router firmware.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Aspirant

Update went fine. It kept all my settings from the .24 firmware

Password problem still exists. Cannot log out :mad:
Novice

I applied the update yesterday morning. So far the 2.4GHz radio has not disconnected my wireless devices. Smiley Happy

The time to upgrade was maybe 6 minutes to download then install. All settings were kept. Best upgrade to the firmware yet!.

Thanks

Steve
Aspirant

I couldn't agree more. Flawless update compared to going from 1.0.0.18 where it went to default settings. I was 99% happy with this router before, but now I'm at full 100% happiness! I even reset router to default settings via button on bottom of router, and restored my backup configuration file. Just a little geek test, but it passed! Smiley Happy
Aspirant

Well I have to say I am finally impressed with the router... I udated to the new firmware the day it came out and have not had any connection issues since.

I will admit it has not been a huge problem for me it only happened once in a while since the beta.

What I really like is I can now use the USB drive I have connected as a backup drive. The problem before was the slow R/W speed. Now it is working at a very respectable speed.

Thank you NetGear for not abandiong us!
Aspirant

I agree - flawless upgrade - only time will tell now...I was experiencing the 2.4Ghz drop occasionally on a Mac and on a Win7 laptop...
Aspirant

zipperx wrote:
Update went fine. It kept all my settings from the .24 firmware

Password problem still exists. Cannot log out :mad:

I could not log out after the firmware upgrade either. I was automatically logged in to the router from any computer on the network. I went to the Advanced tab, and clicked Administration. I clicked on Backup settings, browsed to my saved backup file, and clicked Restore. That fixed the automatic login problem.
Aspirant

mickeyfinn72 wrote:
I could not log out after the firmware upgrade either. I was automatically logged in to the router from any computer on the network. I went to the Advanced tab, and clicked Administration. I clicked on Backup settings, browsed to my saved backup file, and clicked Restore. That fixed the automatic login problem.

I tried restoring my backup settings but it's still logged in. This is the next top priority for netgear to fix
Novice

The new firmware has been trouble-free so far. No more dropped connections. {knock on wood}
Aspirant

Don't upgrade. After I upgraded, all files transferred from my PC to the readyshare USB drive are corrupted. The file size doesn't matter, all files are affected. Transfers of files from the readyshare USB drive to the PC don't seem to be affected.
Aspirant

So I just updated to the new firmware tonight. I've had this router for nearly two weeks, and up to this point it hasn't impressed (replaced a Linksys E3000). I have been experiencing drop-outs on the 2.4 band daily since purchase and even after updating to .24 firmware.

Since upgrading to the .32 version, my internet seems snappier and I have not experienced a drop-out since installing this new firmware. I sincerely hope this new update solves the problem of drop-outs, as it is the only knock I have on this router. It really is the difference in me rating this router 1 star, or 5 stars.

Time will tell, and I will follow up at a later time. BTW, I did not update via a wired connection and everything seems fine. Should I be worried?

MM
Aspirant

MoneyMark wrote:
...BTW, I did not update via a wired connection and everything seems fine. Should I be worried?

MM

The last couple of times i have updated the firmware I have done it from my wireless laptop and never had a problem.

Probably not the best idea but I always let the router download the update from the Netgear server and run through the upgrade as opposed to downloading the bin file to my laptop and uploading it using genie etc.

YMMV
Virtuoso

NedFlanders wrote:
Probably not the best idea .....

..... because when it does fail, it can leave you with something about as useful as a door-stop.
Novice

If the router is working as expected after updating the firmware via a wireless connection, then you should have nothing to worry about. If you read the firmware details, it clearly states that if you are using a certain older firmware to begin with, it will factory default the router and thus, cause you to not have a wireless connection.

I have always downloaded the firmware file to my local C: drive first and then perform the update via the local file and use a wired connection. Once the firmware has been successfully applied, I manually factory default the router and manually re-enter all of my settings. It takes a bit longer, but it has proven to be a very reliable process.
Aspirant

It works flawlessly, I feel the internet a lot faster. When I applied 1.0.0.32, I had a problem with the GUI and then I manually factory defaulted the router and re-enter the settings, now all as good as gold
Aspirant

Brian199 wrote:
Don't upgrade. After I upgraded, all files transferred from my PC to the readyshare USB drive are corrupted. The file size doesn't matter, all files are affected. Transfers of files from the readyshare USB drive to the PC don't seem to be affected.

I have exactly the same problem
Discussion Stats
Top Contributors