Follower

Nook Connection Issues

Hello Everyone,

I finally broke down and purchased a B&N Nook reader (Simple Nook) and I brought it home only to find that my Netgear wndr3700 will not allow it to connect. I am not the best at Router configuration so I am not seeing what is missing. Currently I have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks enabled with SSID. I am running a MAC Access List, but i disabled it in attempts to get the Nook to connect. I currently have a lot of other electronics (laptop, TV, ipod touch, etc) connecting fine. The Nook can see my SSID broadcast, but when I put in the password, it remains "Disconnected". Can anyone help me with configuring the router so that my Nook can connect?

Thanks in Advance!
Aspirant

Re: Nook Connection Issues

Try setting the router to 54. I didn't have to change anything else, but I don't know if it adversely affects router performance.
Aspirant

are you using WPA2+AES for security options?
Apprentice

Liz1 wrote:
but I don't know if it adversely affects router performance.

Yes. If you are lowering from a higher mode to 54Mbps, then performance will be affected. This may not be obvious unless you are doing something like tranferring large files. You may be unlikely to see any performance drop if you are only, say, using email of just surfing.
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Top Contributors