Occasional Contributor

Port forwarding to different LAN servers listening in the same port

Hello.

I have several devices in my home LAN (2 PCs, NAS, ...) that implement web servers listening in port 80 (cannot change port number).

When I want to access them from the office, I configure port forwarding, but I can only acces one of them, because the external port and the internal port has to be the same.

I also have an old Linksys router when you can use different external and internal ports for forwarding (i.e. myaddress.com:8081 ---> PC1:80 and myaddress.com:8082 ---> NAS:80).

How can I do the same with a Netgear DGND3700 and be able to access all of my devices at port 80?

Regards.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Port forwarding to different LAN servers listening in the same port

Hi, I dont think this is possible with the DGND3700 but should be possible using different incoming port numbers to a port translation server on one of the PC's... http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/ HTH
Regular Contributor

most home end router will not do port translation

what you see is what you get so you should see that there is not want to redirect so you can not do with this model from the interface. Not sure you can do that with telnet. go to myopenrouter.com and find telentenabler,ext then play with the command if you can redirect the port
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, although this solution requires one pc to be always on.

Regards.
Occasional Contributor

Hi There - appreciate this post is a year old but I'm seeing the same issue. I have had Belkin routers in the past where it's easy to direct ports.

I have 4 wireless IP cameras and a DYNDNS - with Belkin it was easy to direct XXXXXX.dyndns.org:501 to my internal camera at 192.168.2.201

Simples!

I cannot see how to do this with this model - the only way around it is to set the IP cameras Port to match so to access I need to enter 192.168.2.201:501

it looks like other Netgears have this ability;
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/DGN3500/Panasonic_BL-C131.htm

It seems such a basic function to be missing on this top end (Domestic) router.

I am running the latest firmware (.17)

any help really appreciated - thanks
Regular Contributor

4 IP cam to have different ports on each and forwarded.. simple
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but it does seem a very backwards step.

Following this route means I have to fundamentally change the port on 4 pieces of equipment for the sake of a router change. This seems to be a very basic request available on other domestic routers - I know as I've had many over the years and this has never been a problem. Belkin have it as standard and even BT Home Hubs have it as standard!

All I want is for the router to listen out for a request on port 501 and forward it to port 80....for more than one device.

I know other Netgear routers have this - look at this link

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20917/~/how-is-port-forwarding-configured%3F#GenieAnch...

On the second screenshot down - it clearly has a check box (greyed out) asking "use the same port range for internal port" this is where you would put in port 80 for each rule I was setting.

I hope this may change with future firmware updates as the router's great.

Thanks in advance for any help or if the Netgear Admins are looking in - I have tried 2 times now to ask this question with your live help. Each time I ask the question, it's obvious that the 'script folllowers' in your support center don't know the answer and BANG......my conversation window hangs.......ie: they cut me off to try and answer a question they can resolve!

Thanks in advance for any help here - it really is frustrating

Smiley Happy

ps...I have attached a screenshot from my Belkin router showing exactly what I want to do Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

test post test post
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately if you have an option to specify then it doesn't have an option regardless other model or manufacture did. Smiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Occasional Contributor

ps...a screenshot from my Belkin router showing exactly what I want to do Smiley Happy

https://plus.google.com/photos/102757744580069214809/albums/5850319830383450161
Discussion Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Top Contributors