× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port forwarding w/port translation on V7610 not working

benhelps
Tutor

Port forwarding w/port translation on V7610 not working

Hi,

Our telco (Telstra - AU) supplied us a Netgear V7610 as their premium business grade modem (to replace our aging Cisco 877) and I'm still having troubles getting it up to the old Cisco's level.

Currently I'm having trouble getting the modem to support simple portwarding with port translation (e.g. forward external 20023 to internal 22 on an internal server).

It's currently running V2.2.1.22. Other modems often seem to find such bugs solved with firmware updates, and the Telco referred me to the manufacturer (you) for this.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
benhelps
Tutor

Re: Port forwarding w/port translation on V7610 not working

Actually never mind, all good. After few hours on hold and bouncing around their call centre I eventually landed on someone knowledgeable.

Seems with the V7610 (and I suspect many other modems) even the smallest change in the config can't be relied upon to work without an entire modem reboot.

So port forwards working now. Cheers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
benhelps
Tutor

Re: Port forwarding w/port translation on V7610 not working

Actually never mind, all good. After few hours on hold and bouncing around their call centre I eventually landed on someone knowledgeable.

Seems with the V7610 (and I suspect many other modems) even the smallest change in the config can't be relied upon to work without an entire modem reboot.

So port forwards working now. Cheers.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7