× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare Vault "There are no available files to show" WNDR4500

fiedler
Guide

ReadyShare Vault "There are no available files to show" WNDR4500

Had to do a clean install of Windows 10.

My readyshare Vault was backed up just before I did this.

Now that I have everything running, I can't restore from the backup.

The data is there, encrypted on the drive, I can connect to the drive, but Restore says "there are no available files to show"

What next?

Yes, I read the instructions. Did I miss something?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
fiedler
Guide

Re: ReadyShare Vault "There are no available files to show" WNDR4500

"See if the link below will help"

Unfortunately "restore to another computer" didn't work.

Readyshare refuses to find any files on the backup drive if Windows 10 was reinstalled.

To restore files when ReadyShare fails to find them

1. Make sure backup is paused on all computers using readyshare. You can't dismount the backup drive until everything is paused.
  2. Dismount the drive from the router USB using Readyshare or Genie. To do this you may have to use another computer because this command may not be possible from the computer where Windows 10 was reinstalled.
  3. If neither of these will let you dismount the drive, you can probably reboot your router and disconnect it then. Don't disconnect the drive while the drive light is blinking.
  4. Connect the drive to the computer that needs the files.
  5. The files on the backup drive are not encrypted.
  6. You have to look for them under something like  0/C/users/yourname (name and path may vary)
  7. Simply copy the files you want. It may take time depending on how much you have.

When done, reconnect the drive to the router's USB  port.

You may have to start over with a fresh Readyshare backup.

Be patient. Depending on how many GB of data it could take several days to back up. Mine took 10 days to back up 500GB the first time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @fiedler

Welcome to the community!

See if the link below will help.

Readyshare Vault restore

Message 2 of 5
fiedler
Guide

"See if the link below will help"

Unfortunately "restore to another computer" didn't work.

Readyshare refuses to find any files on the backup drive if Windows 10 was reinstalled.

To restore files when ReadyShare fails to find them

1. Make sure backup is paused on all computers using readyshare. You can't dismount the backup drive until everything is paused.
  2. Dismount the drive from the router USB using Readyshare or Genie. To do this you may have to use another computer because this command may not be possible from the computer where Windows 10 was reinstalled.
  3. If neither of these will let you dismount the drive, you can probably reboot your router and disconnect it then. Don't disconnect the drive while the drive light is blinking.
  4. Connect the drive to the computer that needs the files.
  5. The files on the backup drive are not encrypted.
  6. You have to look for them under something like  0/C/users/yourname (name and path may vary)
  7. Simply copy the files you want. It may take time depending on how much you have.

When done, reconnect the drive to the router's USB  port.

You may have to start over with a fresh Readyshare backup.

Be patient. Depending on how many GB of data it could take several days to back up. Mine took 10 days to back up 500GB the first time.

Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you select "Alternate location?"

Message 4 of 5
fiedler
Guide

Yes, and when I went to Network>Readyshare>USB Sorage, the computer was not listed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7