× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router won't accept passwords

Colinsk
Aspirant

Router won't accept passwords

I bought two new Netgear WAC104 routers today. I am having the same problem with both. When I can get in on 192.168.0.100 I can make configuration changes. Mostly it DHCPs the server to 192.168.4.1 and I can get in at all. I have 3 hours in to configuring two routers that should take 15 minutes. I have reset them many times. I can't reliably make them exist at 192.168.0.100. How do I change a router once configured? I have been using ipconfig /all to find the router and it asks for a password but it even thins the default password after a reset is wrong.
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Router won't accept passwords

Here is the link for the access points http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC104/WAC104_UM_EN.pdf

You will need to start on page 12 and follow the instructions with a hardwired lan based computer one at a time.

Remember that you need to assigned a different ip address to each access point to so you login which one you want at the time. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

Here is the link for the access points http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC104/WAC104_UM_EN.pdf

You will need to start on page 12 and follow the instructions with a hardwired lan based computer one at a time.

Remember that you need to assigned a different ip address to each access point to so you login which one you want at the time. 

Message 2 of 3
Colinsk
Aspirant

Thank you. That is what I ended up doing. However, once in the network the routers ended up on the wrong subnet for me to reconfigure them. I finally realized the login that I could authenticate was a fiberoptics router that was ahead of the access points. Once I realized that I had to do all configuring from a new network just for configuring. In the end I was able to keep one but the other really needed port forwarding. I didn't know there were routers without port forwarding.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7