× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting IPv6 DNS

Konstantine
Aspirant

Setting IPv6 DNS

Sorry, I know this is likey a very basic question, but I'm trying to set up my Orbi and other Netgear routers to use the new CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 DNS resolver.  The IPV4 is no problem, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enter in the IPV6 addresses.  These are:

2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001

In the advanced setup for IPV6, I try to enter those, but of course I can't enter 2606 in the first box I have, as it only accepts 3 hex digits.  So I'm kind of stumped here.  IPV6 isn't my forte and I've tried various strategies for entering the required address and still can't get IPV6 working when I swtich over to use whatever mess I've tried to input.  

Again, yes.  This is a really basic question.  I just can't for the life of me find out anything on the intertubes for this particular issue.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Konstantine
Aspirant

Re: Setting IPv6 DNS

Okay, finally figured it out.  You can enter in the first 4 digits 2606, but boy does the interface not want you to.  if you manage that, the 4700 becomes 470 in the second two boxes, then the last box is either the 1111 or 1001.

Not sure why that is so hard or unintuitive, but hey, I have IPV6 DNS for cloud flare now, so...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Konstantine
Aspirant

Okay, finally figured it out.  You can enter in the first 4 digits 2606, but boy does the interface not want you to.  if you manage that, the 4700 becomes 470 in the second two boxes, then the last box is either the 1111 or 1001.

Not sure why that is so hard or unintuitive, but hey, I have IPV6 DNS for cloud flare now, so...

Message 2 of 3
Zirconium
Tutor

I'm trying to set up IPv6, but I can't seem to figure out how to set it up. Can you be more specific on what boxes you're referring to?

IPV6.png

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7