Initial Contributor

Unable to Open ReadySHARE Cloud Shares via readyshare.netgear.com

I activated ReadySHARE Cloud ID for my WNDR3800. I also installed ReadySHARE client on my PC. When I login to readyshare.netgear.com I can see my device of the left side and I can also see both my shares. When I click on any of 2 shares nothing happens, no windows open, no errors, no messages, nothing at all. I tried clicking once and twice and no response. I tried on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I also tried with ReadySHARE client running and stopped.
Any ideas?
Initial Contributor

Re: Unable to Open ReadySHARE Cloud Shares via readyshare.netgear.com

I'm having the same problem. One thing I've noticed is that when I set the ReadyShare mode to cloud and come back later, it is no longer set there. I may be that my ISP is intercepting port 80 and not letting it through. Is there a way to use a different port?
N/A

djanu wrote:
I activated ReadySHARE Cloud ID for my WNDR3800. I also installed ReadySHARE client on my PC. When I login to readyshare.netgear.com I can see my device of the left side and I can also see both my shares. When I click on any of 2 shares nothing happens, no windows open, no errors, no messages, nothing at all. I tried clicking once and twice and no response. I tried on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I also tried with ReadySHARE client running and stopped.
Any ideas?

I am having the same problem with my "just installed, new WNDR3800". Have you found out any resolution to this issue????
N/A

Hi all who are having similar ReadySHARE Cloud problem.

I am working with the support on this issue and have determine the Window firewall may be preventing the capabilities to access and view your documents. One thing for sure, when installing ReadyShare cloud be sure to download and install the ReadyShare Cloud application. The readyshare.netgear.com web page will launch this application to view your documents. If you install this application several days afterward it may not be able to find this application when you double click the shared folders in your readyshare.netgear.com web page.

Hope this helps some of our WNDR3800 colleagues in using this wonderful feature...

Regards
N/A

Same issue here. Kinda crappy. I have the client installed yet when I click on the option to access the shares, an empty explorer window opens with no shares (Win7). I tested this while at home.
N/A

I tried it again today, after several days from registering with readyshare cloud. Same thing, the share folders are shown, but nothing happens when I click on any of my shared folders. I can access this shared folders and the files locally within my network either wired or wirelessly. I installed the readyshare clients which does nothing other than logs on. Still no access to the files. :mad:

The option HTTP(via internet) in the user manual says it only supports upload. Only the FTP option allows up and down. Not too keen about opening the FTP port.:eek:
Regular Contributor

Open a ticket at my.netgear.com to get tech support.

I don't use ReadySHARE but does it matter the format of your drive? Formatting matters with accessing a drive on your LAN via USB on the router.
Initial Contributor

jchrist972 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. One thing I've noticed is that when I set the ReadyShare mode to cloud and come back later, it is no longer set there. I may be that my ISP is intercepting port 80 and not letting it through. Is there a way to use a different port?

I have the same symptom as above. I also tried to set Readyshare Mode to Cloud with the help of Netgear Genie. It tries for a number of seconds, then the message: "Http Request Timeout" shows. Help please!!! :mad:
Initial Contributor

I am really disappointed about quality of this software. I am talking about readyshare and readyshare cloud ;-(

I win in resolving issue what are You talking about by setting share name as USB_Storage for root folder U:\ and then on https://readyshare.netgear.com/login/index.html I saw the files. Any other name of share is not working.

Anyway You can not set any other username than admin with the same credentials as access to Netgear Genie.

If I could buy router again, I would look for sth else with better software quality and more configuration options.
Initial Contributor

I am really disappointed about quality of this software. I am talking about readyshare and readyshare cloud ;-(

I win in resolving issue what are You talking about by setting share name as USB_Storage for root folder U:\ and then on https://readyshare.netgear.com/login/index.html I saw the files. Any other name of share is not working.

Anyway You can not set any other username than admin with the same credentials as access to Netgear Genie.

If I could buy router again, I would look for sth else with better software quality and more configuration options.
Discussion Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Top Contributors