Aspirant

Unable to access wifi connection on PSP with router 'WNR1000v2'.

I just bought a Netgear router 'WNR1000v2'. My PSP can scan this wifi connection but when it tries to connect it says

A connection error has occurred. Check the security settings for the network and try again.

I googled it and found that there are lots of guys facing the exact same problem, but could not found the solution. I tried everything but of no avail.

At present i run my router @ 54mbps as suggested by few forums, and using no security.

P.S. Using this router i can access the wifi connection on my Desire S,
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access wifi connection on PSP with router 'WNR1000v2'.

Bump.......
Luminary

Bump is against the forum rules.

If you have not seem I can provide you with it
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

sorry, i didn't knew that we can't bump here.
but plz help i can't access internet on my psp.
NETGEAR Employee

I have a PSP myself, this ussually can be solved by entering the settings and security manually. If it still does not connect, try to connect it to a different network, if you experience the same problem. it could be something with the PSP.
Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
Aspirant

I found the solution of my problem here, but can't figure out how to do this
http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=54793

it says:
I had tried about all the channels when i read the description of "mode" that made me think the "neighbor-friendly" setting for mode might be the better setting for "mode" than the more powerful default setting that describes the default as strictly for 'G' and 'N'

It worked. I changed the mode to the neighbor-friendly setting and set the channel back to the default "auto"

That person is having the same router as of mine. I am unable to figure out what is 'neighbor-friendly' mode.

Please help.

Also, there is one more solution here
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSP-General-Discussion/PSP-connecting-to-Belkin-N-Router/td-p...

It says "disable the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) "

Channel 11, Wireless mode n&g&b, Bandwidth 20/40 Mhz, Broadcast SSID No,Protected Mode Off, WMM Enabled

Security WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK Encryption TKIP+AES

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Disabled - Important!!

Please let me know what is '"neighbor-friendly" mode and how to "disable the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) ".

Thanks
Luminary

To prevent interference with other wireless networks

WPS is only for wireless adapter that supports WPS to connecte wireless router easier than standard ecryption and will NOT do any for speed etc.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant

Please let me know how to change to '"neighbor-friendly" mode.
My router have 54 , 65 and 150 mbps mode.
Apprentice

I can't vouch for the procedures described in the threads you found, however, "neighbor friendly" mode is usually setting your speed to 145 or 150Mps as opposed to using 300Mps. Sometimes the higher speed (ie. 300Mps) can cause problems with neighboring networks.

You should be able to locate WPS (which is the short for Wifi Protected Setup) if you scroll down the panel on the left. As jmizoguchi indicated, this feature is to enable connecting devices that are WPS-enabled to quickly connect without having to go through entering the SSID and password. I agree with jmizoguchi when he says that he can't see how disabling WPS could have anything to do with your problem. But hey, you are searching for a solution so no harm in giving it a shot.

Good luck! Smiley Happy
Luminary

Joe_ wrote:
Sometimes the higher speed (ie. 300Mps) can cause problems with neighboring networks.

The ‘Good Neighbour’ rule is a little misleading since it suggests that your router may cause problems for your neighbouring networks, and some people might not care and want to disable it. The fact is that the rule relates to contention, and that can affect every node in the area, so not only do your neighbours potentially suffer, but so do you.
Discussion Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Top Contributors