× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGR614v10 router stopped allowing connections

dvos11
Aspirant

WGR614v10 router stopped allowing connections

Our Netgear router stopped allowing us to connect yesterday.  We've tried using our laptop (Surface Pro), Iphones, and Ipad, and all get same response:

Unable to connect to Network "Netgear".

As you see, I've reset to factory defaults, but even then can't connect.  Cable modem seems to be working fine, but can't even tell since were unable to connect to the wifi network.  

Could this be a firmware update problem?  But if I can't even connect to the router, how do I update the firmware?

Thanks for you insights and suggestions.

d.

Model: WGR614v10|54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Re: WGR614v10 router stopped allowing connections

Several things you can try. Now that you've reset it to defaults you'll have to try and log into your router with an ethernet cord from your laptop into one of the four ports on the back. Try logging into it, if that does not work go to the command prompt on your computer and see if you can ping it by typing ipconfig and see if you get a response back. To download the firmware you'll have to go to netgear's support site and download the firmware for your specific model. By any chance did you see if it might be the power adapter to the router that has gone bad?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Several things you can try. Now that you've reset it to defaults you'll have to try and log into your router with an ethernet cord from your laptop into one of the four ports on the back. Try logging into it, if that does not work go to the command prompt on your computer and see if you can ping it by typing ipconfig and see if you get a response back. To download the firmware you'll have to go to netgear's support site and download the firmware for your specific model. By any chance did you see if it might be the power adapter to the router that has gone bad?

Message 2 of 4
dvos11
Aspirant

Thanks!  It was the AC/DC power adaptor.  I had another one from some other electronics item with the same plug shape (though slightly different amps and voltage), and it seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully that gets us through the weekend and we can look to replace it properly soon.  

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Yea those power adapters sometimes go bad. Make sure you get one that is 12volt 1.0A .

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7