JP.This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
2009-12-09 04:12 PM
2009-12-09 04:43 PM
2009-12-09 05:03 PM
I did notice I hadn't lost any of my router settings, which made me happy, but is that how it should be ?
2009-12-13 03:46 PM
2009-12-13 04:54 PM
Only weird thing is sometimes my Lease is getting renewed way before the time of expiring (= 24 hrs), causing me to loose my connection for a few minutes.
2009-12-14 04:37 AM
2009-12-14 04:56 AM
2009-12-14 05:11 AM
2009-12-14 05:27 AM
2009-12-15 09:19 AM
2009-12-15 09:26 AM
2011-05-20 04:56 PM
2011-05-20 10:09 PM
2011-05-22 01:06 PM
2011-05-23 03:10 PM
farinator wrote: I'm having the same problem with my WNDR3700 wireless router. My router works for a while, resolves domain names fine, then after a while (within an hour or less) it loses all ability to resolve domain names. It's not just on one computer. It happens on my wired Vista desktop, my Win7 laptop, and my iPad 2 - so it's not related to operating system or wireless/wired connectivity.
I'm pretty sure it's a DNS issue because i can't even get to routerlogin.com when this happens, but i can get to my Synology file/photo server by IP.
Honestly, i was just trying to upgrade to a newer better router, but I've just had problems with this (actually, Netgear had me return my previous one and this one is doing the same thing). When i swap back to my old Linksys one it works fine...doesn't lose ability to resolve domain names at all.
Is there some setting or something I can change in the Netgear router? There's obviously some different config setting or conflict with the Netgear one...just sure how to resolve it.
I have a Ubee cable modem (looks like the model is: U10C018.83) as well and am using Time Warner Road Runner as my ISP. I would appreciate any help because the Netgear tech guys couldn't figure it out! Thanks!!
2011-09-17 07:54 AM
StaticFree wrote: It is the firmware version 18.104.22.168NA that you are using
2011-09-17 09:25 AM
I just got this router for 3 days and already I'm hating it, may be I should go back to LinkSys.
2011-09-17 10:11 AM
maxvelocity wrote: Man ... thanks for this post. I'm running the latest version V22.214.171.124NA and the issue still persists. I also have Time Warner RR as the ISP. Pointing to the OpenDNS servers as posted resolved this issue for me. I just got this router for 3 days and already I'm hating it, may be I should go back to LinkSys.
2011-09-20 06:57 AM
2011-09-20 07:28 PM
2011-09-21 01:28 PM
pigskins wrote: Knock on wood...I have not lost connectivity at all since making the change to the DNS. I think we have a winner.