JP.This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
2011-02-21 08:07 PM - last edited on 2015-07-20 09:07 AM by nglpem
This is seriously retarded. Why on earth can't I change wireless settings when WPS is in progress? I'm the admin!
2011-02-22 12:20 PM
2011-02-22 12:28 PM
2012-01-04 11:54 AM
2012-01-04 03:51 PM
2012-01-31 05:21 PM
N6AC wrote: Well, I went to "Add WPS Client" and then cancelled, and after that I was able to proceed with changes in Wireless Settings.
Some messages pop up that are NOT show-stoppers, like the one about having only one WEP channel.
2012-02-01 04:07 AM
2012-02-01 10:44 AM
2012-02-03 04:58 AM
2013-12-02 05:50 PM
2013-12-22 10:15 AM
rmhartman wrote: Thanks for the info. The "cancel" trick worked. Would still like to know just why it thinks it's in the middle of the WPS process when nobody started one ...
2014-02-20 06:49 AM
SolarCat wrote: Sorry, I posted on the wrong router's board after finding this thread via Google. My router is a WNR2000v3.
Thanks for your answer. It actually led me to the solution on my router, which is to click the "WPS Wizard" button in the left-hand column. This initiates the process to add a client and lets you choose to do it manually, which can then be cancelled. The same workaround applies. I was able to save my setting.
2015-10-28 11:59 AM - edited 2015-10-28 12:10 PM
Hi. Same problem with a wnr2000v4 with the newer firmware (.50). I'm at a loss. It appears the WPS Wizard is running according to the router, but according to my devices it isn't. It also appears wifi broadcast is off.
- Cycling power on the router does nothing.
- Tried the hold-down-button for 30 seconds that Netgear's site suggests. Doesn't do a thing. The wifi and WPS button lights were off and never came on.
- Running and canceling the WPS wizard was not possible since the wizard's button was disabled and unclickable.
- Tried upgrading firmware both via the web and from computer. It tries and fails saying "The firmware file is incorrect." I tried the latest (.60) version, the previous .58), and even reapplying the current one (.50) with same result. I presume this is due to the runaway wizard issue.
- Managed to get the wifi and WPS lights back on by turning off the wifi via the button on the back of the router, then holding it on for ~10s. Still didn't fix the problem.
- Backed up settings, factory reset button, restored settings. This fixed the "WPS process in progress" error, but only so far as it no longer shows up and I can save setting changes again. Wifi is still down (lights will come back on by repeating the previous step) even though all settings are fine - both before (defaults) and after restoring my settings. WPS wizard option still unclickable.
This all started when I went to add a new phone in my router settings. Apparently WPS started on its own at the phone's prompting while I was trying to give it a static IP. The point being the router didn't just burn out. This is entirely a result of the software bug. And wired LAN still works fine.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.