× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

mboudrie
Aspirant

droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

I have had the Netgear adapter & cell phone for over 2 yrs with no problems with the WiFi connection between the two devices untill last month. My cell phone connects to the Netgear & immediately disconnects & keeps trying to get the connection.  I can connect my cell phone WiFi with other unsecured WiFi servers so it is not the phone. My Netgear adapter works just fine keeping my computer connected to the internet.

I have re-installed, run updates & diagnostics but nothing I do assists in holding the WiFi connection between the two devices.

My computer runs Windows 7 as it is not able to be upgraded to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mboudrie

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

Re: droid cell phone will not connect to wifi

You could temporarily disable the WiFi security and try it. If successful, recheck the password key.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

You could temporarily disable the WiFi security and try it. If successful, recheck the password key.

Message 2 of 4
mboudrie
Aspirant

I have not security on my Netgear adapter. I previously had viewed what I thought was all possible security measures on my phone. I took another look at my phone & under other than security found it was blocking Netgear. So block off, WiFi on phone is connecting & staying connected. Thanks for your help. Pointing me again at possible security issues made me look again & find my problem.

Message 3 of 4
TaterSalid
Virtuoso

You are welcome.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements