Follower

wndr3700v2 1.0.0.32????

my router updated firmware to 1.0.0.32 now i can only access my wireless epson printer from the 5ghz part of the network and not the 2.4 ghz side what is the deal?? i wated to reinstall the old firmware but will not let me. cannot find any references to this rev of firmware anyplace on netgear any help would be grest thanks!!
Guide

Re: wndr3700v2 1.0.0.32????

After all firmware updates you are to hard reset the router back to default settings. Connect and reconfigure it back to your settings manually. Now try.
wee Aspirant
Aspirant

also have problem with epson 645 workforce printer,works with wired but wireless don't work on any ,even reset and redid few times only stopped working after i got new firmware 1.0.0.32
reseeting router won't fix problem.
Tutor

It doesnt auto-magically update, you do get asked.

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR3700v2 does list it as the current version, sadly they appear to have re-vamped the website (again) for the worse (again).

Even http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ seems to be broken (again)

It is dumb that they re-vamp a website and then put new firmwares up and when yo udownload them it warns you to read the release notes, but the new site no longer offers release notes on the site.

If you do download the firmware (it is in a zip file) there is an included HTML file that does have release notes.

As suggested, sometimes you MUST reset, but if you want to roll back then click on "Other Downloads" on the site and it will list previous firmwares. Be warned, sometimes when you update firmware you cant go down a level (due to boot loader changing) but this version of the firmware doesnt give warnings that there is a change in the boot/recovery mode so you SHOULD be able to roll down to previous versions. Just be sure you only update over a wired connection.
Aspirant

I've been tearing my hair out with this update this afternoon and it sounds like I'm having the same problems as deltajjr. It seems that after this update the WNDR3700v2 will not route to devices on the same WiFi radio. For example, if I'm connected to the 5 GHz radio I can ping devices that are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio, but not other devices on the 5 GHz radio. Is this more or less what others are seeing?
Novice

I too have a problem with the recent firmwate update (see here. I have lost my internet connection, when it does eventually find something, which is rare, I get lots of time-outs or it is incredibly slow.

Netgear support are just spouting copy and paste help - useless. I am considering going over to dd-wrt firmware if this is not fixed soon. My stock ISP provided router works fine and surprisingly seems faster, but does not have a USB input, so it is no good for me.
Aspirant

jho1979 wrote:
I've been tearing my hair out with this update this afternoon and it sounds like I'm having the same problems as deltajjr. It seems that after this update the WNDR3700v2 will not route to devices on the same WiFi radio. For example, if I'm connected to the 5 GHz radio I can ping devices that are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio, but not other devices on the 5 GHz radio. Is this more or less what others are seeing?

I am having the same problem. Before the update, everything in my house was communicating flawlessly. (4 iPads, 2 PC's, Apple TV, and wireless airprint printer) Now devices on the same frequency cannot communicate. his should not be happening. If anything it should be that devices on different frequencies having the issues. WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS NETGEAR!!!! This has to be some hidden setting that got changed in the upgrade.
Aspirant

jho1979 wrote:

This may be a duplicate post. Just tried to post and it doesn't seem to have worked. I have the same issue that devices on the same frequency cannot communicate with each other. It is very frustrating because I have multiple devices. All of these devices were communicating flawlessly before the firmware update. (4 iPads, 2 PC's, Apple TV and Brother wireless printer) What minor hidden setting changed that is causing this?!?!?! NETGEAR, WE NEED HELP!!!!
Aspirant

Yep, this is absolutely dreadful Netgear. I am having to setup as many devices as possible on different SSID's, 2.4 ghz, 2.4 ghz, 5 ghz and 5 ghz guest in order that they may communicate with eachother! But I haven't enough to do that so at present my apple tv and kodak printer cannot see my 2.4 ghz iPhone 4! I can move things to different SSIDs but this is ridiculous. Regardless of whatever band things are on they should all be able to communicate on the network. Either advise fix asap, release new firmware or send us instructions to revert to previous firmware.
Aspirant

I emailed support as I don't know if Netgear actually monitors forums or else we could be waiting a while to get this addressed! Will keep all posted.

Cheers
Wayne
Discussion Stats
Top Contributors