Follower

wndr3700v2 1.0.0.32????

my router updated firmware to 1.0.0.32 now i can only access my wireless epson printer from the 5ghz part of the network and not the 2.4 ghz side what is the deal?? i wated to reinstall the old firmware but will not let me. cannot find any references to this rev of firmware anyplace on netgear any help would be grest thanks!!
Apprentice

Re: wndr3700v2 1.0.0.32????

After all firmware updates you are to hard reset the router back to default settings. Connect and reconfigure it back to your settings manually. Now try.
wee Initiate
Initiate

also have problem with epson 645 workforce printer,works with wired but wireless don't work on any ,even reset and redid few times only stopped working after i got new firmware 1.0.0.32
reseeting router won't fix problem.
Tutor

It doesnt auto-magically update, you do get asked.

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR3700v2 does list it as the current version, sadly they appear to have re-vamped the website (again) for the worse (again).

Even http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/ seems to be broken (again)

It is dumb that they re-vamp a website and then put new firmwares up and when yo udownload them it warns you to read the release notes, but the new site no longer offers release notes on the site.

If you do download the firmware (it is in a zip file) there is an included HTML file that does have release notes.

As suggested, sometimes you MUST reset, but if you want to roll back then click on "Other Downloads" on the site and it will list previous firmwares. Be warned, sometimes when you update firmware you cant go down a level (due to boot loader changing) but this version of the firmware doesnt give warnings that there is a change in the boot/recovery mode so you SHOULD be able to roll down to previous versions. Just be sure you only update over a wired connection.
Aspirant

I've been tearing my hair out with this update this afternoon and it sounds like I'm having the same problems as deltajjr. It seems that after this update the WNDR3700v2 will not route to devices on the same WiFi radio. For example, if I'm connected to the 5 GHz radio I can ping devices that are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio, but not other devices on the 5 GHz radio. Is this more or less what others are seeing?
Novice

I too have a problem with the recent firmwate update (see here. I have lost my internet connection, when it does eventually find something, which is rare, I get lots of time-outs or it is incredibly slow.

Netgear support are just spouting copy and paste help - useless. I am considering going over to dd-wrt firmware if this is not fixed soon. My stock ISP provided router works fine and surprisingly seems faster, but does not have a USB input, so it is no good for me.
Aspirant

jho1979 wrote:
I've been tearing my hair out with this update this afternoon and it sounds like I'm having the same problems as deltajjr. It seems that after this update the WNDR3700v2 will not route to devices on the same WiFi radio. For example, if I'm connected to the 5 GHz radio I can ping devices that are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio, but not other devices on the 5 GHz radio. Is this more or less what others are seeing?

I am having the same problem. Before the update, everything in my house was communicating flawlessly. (4 iPads, 2 PC's, Apple TV, and wireless airprint printer) Now devices on the same frequency cannot communicate. his should not be happening. If anything it should be that devices on different frequencies having the issues. WE NEED A FIX FOR THIS NETGEAR!!!! This has to be some hidden setting that got changed in the upgrade.
Aspirant

jho1979 wrote:

This may be a duplicate post. Just tried to post and it doesn't seem to have worked. I have the same issue that devices on the same frequency cannot communicate with each other. It is very frustrating because I have multiple devices. All of these devices were communicating flawlessly before the firmware update. (4 iPads, 2 PC's, Apple TV and Brother wireless printer) What minor hidden setting changed that is causing this?!?!?! NETGEAR, WE NEED HELP!!!!
Aspirant

Yep, this is absolutely dreadful Netgear. I am having to setup as many devices as possible on different SSID's, 2.4 ghz, 2.4 ghz, 5 ghz and 5 ghz guest in order that they may communicate with eachother! But I haven't enough to do that so at present my apple tv and kodak printer cannot see my 2.4 ghz iPhone 4! I can move things to different SSIDs but this is ridiculous. Regardless of whatever band things are on they should all be able to communicate on the network. Either advise fix asap, release new firmware or send us instructions to revert to previous firmware.
Aspirant

I emailed support as I don't know if Netgear actually monitors forums or else we could be waiting a while to get this addressed! Will keep all posted.

Cheers
Wayne
Aspirant

I am having the same problems also cannot print wireless and no media server for my ps3. Also tried to reflash to old firmware and it said not possible.
Aspirant

In the interim I downloaded firmware file 1.0.0.12 but am hesitant to try and apply it from within the routers browser. Can I just apply it as I know firmware downgrades don't necessarily play nice? I cannot risk buggering up the family's internet access.

Cheers
Wayne
Aspirant

I already tried downgrading by flashing the 1.0.0.12 firmware through the web interface, but as johnro67 said, the web interface denies the attempt.

I phoned Netgear this morning and their first advice was to downgrade. I let them know it isn't possible. Hopefully they'll soon realize this is a major issue and a big screw-up on their part. I've had to move to a different router until they fix this.

Netgear: You still have the 1.0.0.32 firmware posted on your support site for the WNDR3700v2! At least remove that so others can avoid this problem!
Novice

Just downloaded 1.0.0.32 off the website and tried reflashing the router again via ethernet; comes back with incorrect file. WTF! Netgear

If they don't fix this within the week, i'm trying dd-wrt
Aspirant

I had a live chat session with NETGEAR support where we attempted various methods to revert the firmware backward. None of them worked. The tech I was chatting with said he was forwarding the issue. We will see. I recommend everyone with this issue make as big a deal about it as possible until it is fixed.
Aspirant

Guys,

After extensive googling there maybe a fix. Go into WAN settings and uncheck 'disable IGMP proxy'. I cannot test because I am not at home but it sounds like a fairly common issue affecting bonjour protocols. I prey it's the solution but give it a try and let us know. Hopefully then devices on same SSID/band can communicate again!

Cheers,
Wayne
Aspirant

I have been struggling with this problem for days now. I am working with support via email but no solution yet. The problem happened when I logged into the router to view and change a DNS setting required by my provider. The router offered a firmware update. Unfortunately I accepted and have never been able to contact devices within my network since. I did discover that one can connect between devices on other bands and the guest network SSID. My network will not allow use of my wireless printer, my NAS storage, network file sharing, etc. This behaves as though the "wireless isolation" function is set, but it is not!

They have tried to down grade my firmware multiple times but the new code version (v 1.0.0.32) does not seem to allow loading the file they have provided. I only get error messages indicating that the file is incorrect for my product. I am so frustrated, I am about to become a Linksys customer!

Has anyone actually solved this problem yet?
Aspirant

Unfortunately disabling IGMP proxy did not change a thing. I tried this morning and no dice, so cross as I was convinced this would do it. Support came back with a generic troubleshooting response. So dissapointing by this, why did I upgrade - firmware upgraded often cause more problems than they ever fix. Lets keep harassing netgear as someone else suggested.
Aspirant

Just so I'm clear, sabretooth's advice of pushing the hard reset button back to factory settings, then setting up the router as if it were out of the box, didn't work? I just want to make sure someone's tried it and that didn't work because as much as not having access to my wireless printer and my wireless devices being unable to communicate with each other is a royal pain, resetting my router and going through the protocol to set it up again is an equally big headache.

So before I even attempt that, only to find out it doesn't work, I just want to hear from a real person that that was already tried and didn't do any good.
Aspirant

I have had similar problems previously with firmware upgrades to my Belkin router. I soon learned the interface allows you to save all your current settings in a file and save it so that if the firmware upgrade is buggy, you can go back to your previous settings without hassle. It was a lesson I forgot when I switched routers to Netgear. I became complacent because all previous firmware upgrades were seemless and without incident. That won't happen again. Though, in fairness, the interface shouldn't allow a firmware upgrade until after current settings have been saved...or at least the user has been prompted to save current settings. That way if he ignores or overrides, any grief that follows is his own responsibility.
Aspirant

Am not able to test that as am not at home for a while now. I don't think it will make any difference though. I have done several power cycles with no success. It's a firmware bug which Netgear need to fix. Or else give us clear instructions on how to roll back to the previous firmware which worked absolutely great.

I emailed support twice and although the latest is still a pretty generic response it said "After reviewing the information you provided, I have a better understanding of your issue and believe I can resolve for you. We will update the same to the concerned department and apologize to inform we cannot assure a particular time frame regarding this"

I might try and phone them too as they need to fix this fast. I worry it can take Netgear months to sort out new firmware!

Cheers
Wayne
Aspirant

I phoned them. Guy said he would escalate but he kept trying to push me into downgrading firmware. Explained I am not at home and in any event others have tried & failed. Perhaps if others get time they can log support cases or phone them so that they can see its a real issue. I have referred them to the forum, whether they take a look or not is anyone's guess.
Aspirant

I've found that when I plug my laptop directly into the router, it can communicate with both my wireless printer and my smartphone. But the minute I take the laptop wireless, it can no longer find my smartphone and while it sees my printer, it can't send anything to it. I ran a diagnostic and came up with "peer networking grouping service isn't running". That sounds promising.

Maybe if I can figure out how to get that service running again, I'll be back in business.
Aspirant

Maybe, trouble is the whole thing is affecting a whole range of devices. All my apple devices (iphone, iPad, apple tv) are affected. Also my kodak printer and wireless IP cam are having issues too. What may fix one probably won't help the others. All one can do is try and keep as many on separate SSIDs as possible but with more than 4 devices in the home that is pretty much impossible. I have my wife and kids complaining about it & then my wife complains that I am spending too much time on the laptop trying to fix. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and all because Netgear didn't test this firmware properly!!! Am really cross about it, and just don't have £££ to go out and buy a new dual band router which I know will work.

Netgear have had a few days now, they need to be forthcoming with a new fixed firmware asap which is why as many of us as possible need to keep on at them. New firmwares are normally months (if not over a year) apart - we can't tolerate a delay like this waiting for them to pull their finger out.
Aspirant

Scottyboy99 wrote:
Am not able to test that as am not at home for a while now. I don't think it will make any difference though. I have done several power cycles with no success. It's a firmware bug which Netgear need to fix. Or else give us clear instructions on how to roll back to the previous firmware which worked absolutely great.

I emailed support twice and although the latest is still a pretty generic response it said "After reviewing the information you provided, I have a better understanding of your issue and believe I can resolve for you. We will update the same to the concerned department and apologize to inform we cannot assure a particular time frame regarding this"

I might try and phone them too as they need to fix this fast. I worry it can take Netgear months to sort out new firmware!

Cheers
Wayne

I have been working on this for days now and I can assure that no level of reset has cleared up this problem. Netgear has provided all of the usual suggestion: reset, hardware reset, down grading firmware (doesn't accept file), checking if "network issolation" is checked (is is not), eliminating firewalls on computers. I think I have exausted all of their usual suggestions. The last exchange sounded like they may be about to give up and replace my router.
Discussion Stats
Top Contributors