Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GENIE

rikkiB3
Aspirant

GENIE

my netgear genie software keeps crashing ever since the new update. ive tried going to the other forums but they did not work. ive uninstalled and installed multiple times, ive restarted eveything ...nothing seems to work this is getting really annoying because i use genie alot and now i cant because it keeps crashing. please help

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GENIE

Hi @rikkiB3,

There seems to be an issue with the latest version of the NETGEAR Genie program with some Windows 10 devices and this has already been reported to engineering. As a work around, you may download and install the previous version (2.4.12) of NETGEAR Genie using the link below.

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=DtPVWSo7M8

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rikkiB3,

May I know what is the operating system of your computer?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
rikkiB3
Aspirant

I have an hp computer running windows 10
Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rikkiB3,

There seems to be an issue with the latest version of the NETGEAR Genie program with some Windows 10 devices and this has already been reported to engineering. As a work around, you may download and install the previous version (2.4.12) of NETGEAR Genie using the link below.

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=DtPVWSo7M8

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 7
rikkiB3
Aspirant

Thank you so much!!!:)

Message 5 of 7
chuckbdaly
Aspirant

I have tried uinstalling and reinstalling Genie, but it displays in such a tiny window I can't read it. I have run compatiblity testing for Windows 10, but nothing helps. Anything?

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @chuckbdaly,

If you are using a high resolution screen then the program will appear smaller than normal. This is due to the app not yet programmed to be DPI aware. This has already been reported to engineering. Please keep the program up to date for possible fixes.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7