Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AirPrint Enabling

JohnnyBravo2
Tutor

AirPrint Enabling

Just bought Nighthawk R8500 and trying to make my Samsung printer AirPrint capable. The simple issue is I don't see an "AirPrint" menu option in the Genie App as all the documentation states and shows. Is this router not capable? I'm on latest firmware as of the time of this post. Simply just need to know it the router not capable or not. To be clear I'm looking to do this not using the USB wire.
Message 1 of 8
netwrks
Master

Re: AirPrint Enabling

Does your printer actually support Airprint? Not all do. Also there is software to load on the client (phone tablet, etc). You don't need the router to do anything (or Genie), The printer can connect to the router wireleslly, and your off. 

Message 2 of 8
JohnnyBravo2
Tutor

Its not natively an AirPrint Printer. If it was it wouldn't need the router to make it capable. I am trying to get the documented process that states "will make non-compatible AirPrint printers now AirPrint capable".

Regardless of my printer type the main menu option in the genie App does not have an "AirPrint" option contrary to the documentation that shows it. So I can't even attemp to choose my printer model.
Message 3 of 8
JohnnyBravo2
Tutor

It should show directly below the "ReadyShare" option. My guess is it really doesn't work and was left out of the newer Genie version in the router. Hopefully you can prove me wrong.
Message 4 of 8
aveerlapati
Aspirant

make sure u can print wireless from ur pc/mac using readshare printer app and ur printer drivers are installed 

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JohnnyBravo2,

1. On which device do you have the NETGEAR Genie installed?

2. What version of NETGEAR Genie do you have installed?

3. You may find the link below helpful.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20913

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JohnnyBravo2,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
JohnnyBravo2
Tutor

Hi. In short, Yes. I was able to get the printer to work but didn't realize it's using a PC as the mechanism to printer through all the time. I was hoping this was just for setup. I tend to use only iOS devices at home and really can't justify having a PC left on all the time. Much like I bought the router that has DDNS as well so I don't need to run a PC with a DDNS client. Is what it is.

This was not my primary purpose of the router and it is great otherwise. It just was a bonus of anything. Samsung already has an App I use anyway. Thanks!!!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7