Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to Netgear Genie app using ios or ipad

southall
Aspirant

Can't connect to Netgear Genie app using ios or ipad

I recently changed my wifi password and since then i cant access the genie app on my iphone, ipad or the mac desktop app. 

I can access it through the browser window but cant through the app. Ive deleted the app and reinstalled and tried using the app again with no luck. I didnt change the router login only the wifi password.

Im using the netgear router D6300

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't connect to Netgear Genie app using ios or ipad

Hi @southall,

1. Please make sure your device is connected to your router's wireless network when logging in through the Genie app.

2. Are you getting an error message? If yes, what is the error message?

3. What version on the Genie app do you have installed?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Lynnwood
Aspirant

This is a known issue with currently released version NETGEAR Genie. I had exact same issue and contacted OpenDNS and they basically acknowledged that this has been happening for a while with Genie. I wish NETGEAR would stop wasting our time with your questions about what version we're running, etc. You KNOW the error message. Several posts have quoted it and the issue is with the currently released version of Genie. Just acknowledge the problem and tell us when they will release a version of Genie that works.

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Lynnwood,

southall did not mention anything related to OpenDNS and/or Parental Controls since he is only unable to login through the app/program after changing the WiFi password according to his/her description. The information that we ask helps us isolate the issue and provide the best recommendation for other users as well.

Are you experiencing the same issue as southall? Please provide a description for us to assist you.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
southall
Aspirant

I was unable to access anything through the app on the iPhone, iPad or desktop computer. However when I accessed the genie webpage I had no problems accessing anything. I ended up reloading the backup setting of my router and it restored everything I needed and the app now works perfectly again. No idea why or how but it now works
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7