Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't get the netgear genie to work on my Nighthawk

WhoDatC
Aspirant

Can't get the netgear genie to work on my Nighthawk

Hi 

I just recieved my night hawk router new from Amazon. plugged it in and Followed the instructions [aka destructions]  and I can not get into the genie to adjust my settings. I've tried using:

192.168.1.1,192.168.0.1,192.168.3.1, routerlogin.com or .net {with no Http://}. If I try using the 10.0.0.1 I go in to my modem settings by xfinity. I've also have gone into internet explorer and reset my browser settings, did a empty of my caches. I've even went as far as using the command prompt in windows via ipconfig /dnsflush and ipconfig /renew, nothing .

I've also installed the NightHawk app on my Verizon phone and still can not get into the genie via my laptop. I'm stumped and do not know what else to do can anyone shed some light on this please because I really do not know what else to do.

I can use the router fine because I'm using it to write this thread out, I just can't seem to get in to the genie part to setup my devices.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
WhoDatC
Aspirant

Sorry for not updating this. I had to Download the Night hawk app to my Phone and do it from there. Everything worked as intended and Had my router working 2 days after my last post. I can log into my genie by web adress on a PC, laptop, and Cell phone /Iphone.

I couldn't be more happy to get this up and running. NETGEAR if you reading this please be sure to let the consumer know in the manuel that comes with the product to download the and app via Iphone / cellphone please.

sorry again for not updating promptly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

What is the model number of this Netgear device?

What is the modem that sits between it and the internet?

@WhoDatC wrote:

If I try using the 10.0.0.1 I go in to my modem settings by xfinity. 

Smells like a modem/router. Does it have a set of wired LAN ports on the back?

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with competing DHCP servers and local address conflicts. To avoid that you may need to set the routers up with the right DHCP and IP address settings. (Don't worry, this is easier than the jargon suggests.)

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers, to create two separate networks for example, it is usually easier to use just one router.

You can either tell the modem/router to do "modem only" (bridged) stuff or wire the second router to the modem and set it up as as a wireless access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 4
WhoDatC
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply

The model of the router: R6700(v3)- NightHawk Ac1750 Smart WiFi Router 

Model# R6700. [is what is printed on the box]

Here is my Order:

Night hawk router.JPG

it just says Router; I could of bought the package with a Modem:

amazon night hawk with modem package.JPGI just needed a router I get the modems from my ISP.

My Modem from my ISP: 

is the three in one Modem

1. Internet
  2. Wifi
  3. Phone

I went back to using my  N750 until I can figure this all out.

Message 3 of 4
WhoDatC
Aspirant

Sorry for not updating this. I had to Download the Night hawk app to my Phone and do it from there. Everything worked as intended and Had my router working 2 days after my last post. I can log into my genie by web adress on a PC, laptop, and Cell phone /Iphone.

I couldn't be more happy to get this up and running. NETGEAR if you reading this please be sure to let the consumer know in the manuel that comes with the product to download the and app via Iphone / cellphone please.

sorry again for not updating promptly.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7