Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Either u fix the iPhone iOS App or make a mobile version of the website

krisdude007
Aspirant

Either u fix the iPhone iOS App or make a mobile version of the website

I have R8000 nighthawk router. I have an iOS 10.3.2 iPhone 6s Plus. For a while now, the app hasn't been working. Can't even login and it keeps throwing the error "router not supported or not found. Make sure the IPv6 is disabled. I have checked and checked and restarted the iPhone, router, reinstalled the app. Nothing works. Atleast give a mobile version of routerlogin.net so we can login thruough the browser. Help me with this please, anyone else having this issue?
Message 1 of 11

Re: Either u fix the iPhone iOS App or make a mobile version of the website

@krisdude007 wrote:
Atleast give a mobile version of routerlogin.net so we can login thruough the browser.

Not sure what you mean by that – routerlogin.net is not a website anywhere. It is just the front end of the router.

You should be able to reach it through a browser on any device.

If that doesn't work, you may have to find the router's IP address and feed that into the browser.

That is also sometimes necessary for other apps. Have you tried putting the IP addresses into the iOS app. If, that is, it has that option.

Message 2 of 11
William10a
Master

Even 192.168.1.1 should reach it the normally ip address of the gui of the router via a lan cable and computer's web browser.

Message 3 of 11
krisdude007
Aspirant

I know routerlogin.net is a front end to the router. But it's a web version, not a responsive mobile site of the same. I have tried entering the IP address manually too. 192.168.1.1, but the mobile native app still doesn't connect me or log me in
Message 4 of 11
krisdude007
Aspirant

I have tried this on mobile native app, it didn't work.
Message 5 of 11

@krisdude007 wrote:
I have tried entering the IP address manually too. 192.168.1.1, but the mobile native app still doesn't connect me or log me in

What is a "mobile native app"?

Did you try that address in a browser rather than the app?

Maybe your network has given the gateway a different address.

You'll have to work out how to get iOS to tell you the router's IP address. I only know how to do it in Windows.

Message 6 of 11
krisdude007
Aspirant

@michealkenward - Netgear genie iOS app. That's the native app I was talking about. Can't even use that. Can't login. What is it u mean when you mentioned that network has given the gateway a diff address. If we enter the router IP address manually shouldn't that work? Please advise
Message 7 of 11
William10a
Master

The normally used ip address of the router is 192.168.1.1 and a web browser if the router never set up before usersname is admin and the password will be password via a wired lan cable from the  computer to a lan port of the router.

Message 8 of 11
krisdude007
Aspirant

@William10a I have tried 192.168.1.1 for the mobile app. It doesn't work. It gives the router not found, disable your IPv6 error. I have checked the router config, the IPv6 is disabled.
Message 9 of 11
William10a
Master

If your tying to access the router via wifi you need the users name and password that came with router on a white sticker if never set up before just the web browser of the mobile should be enough I do not care for useing a app.

Message 10 of 11
krisdude007
Aspirant

All I meant to say was, the IOS app works well with router firmware version 1.0.3.32 but not the latest firmware version or the one before the latest. Are they releasing a new firmware version that works well with the iOS app for netgear genie. Just because of this issue, I can't upgrade to the new firmware.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7