Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Every time service is interupted Netgear R6220 Router will not connect to the internet.

MaRo77
Aspirant

Every time service is interupted Netgear R6220 Router will not connect to the internet.

No longer supported Router Genie Firmware: V1.1.0.64_1.0.1

Cable modem works fine with the internet and Network Genie shows the internet status as good but when I connect to the R6220 Router through the cable modem (must do to function), the internet connection shows up as disconnectd on the Windows 7 PC.  All lights on router are green including the internet light. 

The fix actions in the past have been unplugging the router and shutting down the computer then replugging the router power and booting up. Once I had to login to the router and do a router soft reboot. The router not connecting the internet have happened only after a cable system disconnect. Cable company has confirmed their modem as funtional as have I as I sent this message using the cable modem and internet. I can not longer get the router to connect with the internet in a functional way even though the Netgear Genie says the internet is good. I have had to use my Smartphone to login to the router (but still can not access the internet through the router). The online web links do not function because the intenet is not working through the router.  I also can not update the firmware for the same reason. The netgear genie is no longer supported. I have downloaded 5 apps using the neighbors WiFi but I am not sure which one to try for this scenario of no internet through the router.  Netgear does not have an option for me that allows me to call to workout what I know is there issue as it has happened before but I have been able to resolve it. Not this time. Please help.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Every time service is interupted Netgear R6220 Router will not connect to the internet.

It is kind of hard to unravel that slab of solid text. So let's start with the basics.

There is support for the R6220, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6220 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

What is the Connection Mode setting?

I have no idea what this bit means:

@MaRo77 wrote:

Then there is this but:

@MaRo77 wrote:

...the internet connection shows up as disconnectd on the Windows 7 PC.  All lights on router are green including the internet light. 

Maybe there is an issue with the network settings on the PC.

My first guess is that you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Like I said, it is hard to unravel what is going on. I suggest that you try to troubleshoot things one step at a time.

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

It is kind of hard to unravel that slab of solid text. So let's start with the basics.

There is support for the R6220, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6220 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

What is the Connection Mode setting?

I have no idea what this bit means:

@MaRo77 wrote:

Then there is this but:

@MaRo77 wrote:

...the internet connection shows up as disconnectd on the Windows 7 PC.  All lights on router are green including the internet light. 

Maybe there is an issue with the network settings on the PC.

My first guess is that you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Like I said, it is hard to unravel what is going on. I suggest that you try to troubleshoot things one step at a time.

By the way, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to
Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.) You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
MaRo77
Aspirant

Comcast Internet modem with Windows 7 

Re-applied "Get Dynamically from ISP" after disconnected all the the ethernet cables except the one connecting the modem. I was able to get internet working through the router until I added the other ethernet cables to the router then the internet stopped working through the router again. 

I turned on access control and manaully added the connections one at a time while refreshing the connection with each addition. Once I had connections working with the internet again, I was able to update the Netgear Genie firmware to the latest version. 

All is functional now.

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7