Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GENIE APP ON IOS AND ANDROID FAILED TO LOGIN

vickyrao
Star

GENIE APP ON IOS AND ANDROID FAILED TO LOGIN

REFER: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/Can-t-login-to-router-via-Genie/m-p/1303462#M6085

Many of us are having issues logging on to Genie App on Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. Since there was a firmware upgrade, none of us have been able to login to the app.

Basic troubleshooting such as reinstalling the app on ios and android, reset to factory default for the router has been done and yet it still fails. 

Please someone get onto this topic and solve this issue for us.

Screenshot: https://goo.gl/ycQFoD

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
vickyrao
Star

Agreed. I have also updated my firmware to 1.0.3.48 and Genie app on Android and iOS is functioning again. Locally and Remotely it works without flaws. Finally this is sorted out.

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 26

All Replies
jmeyers11
Guide

I agree, I'm a couple of months into waiting for a resolution. I was able to get mine working by downgrading firmware, but this is obviously not a workable solution. Please advise status of a fix for this.
Message 2 of 26
Lh75
Tutor

Downgrading causes all sorts of other issues with components, so isn't an option for me.

Following thread for a correct solution

Message 3 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Agreed with you on that. I have managed to escalate this issue via facebook now. Hopefully there would be some sort of action and respond from Netgear instead of making themselves busy with new product launches. I do hope they would take some responsibility now on their community. 

I do hope you all could also try and escalate this issue via facebook, call the tech support number at +1 888-638-4327 and make some noise.

Message 4 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Someone from NETGEAR got in touch with me. I shall voice this out on behalf of you all and hopefully we can get this sorted out.
Message 5 of 26
AMHEB
Initiate

I hope so. New firmware update didn't work for me. 

Message 6 of 26
Jmisheal
Initiate

I have the exact same issue. If I reset or reboot my router the app works for a short time. Then I get this annoying error. I have to reboot the router every time I need to login via the genie app. Really frustrating. I don't want to go back to an older firmware. Netgear really needs to fix this issue before I toss this router in the garbage.
Message 7 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Yeah. I am still waiting for them to give me a call back. Once I have some update from them, i will update here as well.

Message 8 of 26
ScubaMike7
Star

I see this http://imgur.com/a/6W9TN

"netgear router not found or is not supported. Make sure that your mobile device is not connected to the router's guest network and that IPv6 is not enabled”

Nighthawk X6 R8000
V1.0.3.36_1.1.25
Message 9 of 26
BJSJB
Initiate

I too have been having this problem since the genie and/or firmware upgrades. Whole point of getting this router at the time was to be able to use the app which used to work fine. Only able to access router via a browser on my phone or PC. Frustrating

Message 10 of 26
Willard395
Tutor

I called customer service and they are useless. The conclusion is that there is a problem with the app and he will make the engineering group aware. Totally frustrating! I'm going back to Linksys at least I know they have solid tech support, products and a working mobile app.
Message 11 of 26
Willard395
Tutor

Also, you have to restart the router to get access to the mobile app. Strikes two and three! I'm done with Netgear, going to buy a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM.
Message 12 of 26
Johnny2020
Aspirant

I am very frustrated with my new purchase of a Nighthawk X6.  I am able to log into the router from my desktop hard wired PC only.  The Genie app also works on the PC.  When I try to log into the router from my iPad or Iphone using the genie app it only works once or twice and only after rebooting then router.  

I have rebooted the router several times and nothing helps.  I have not done a factory reset as I have read other post that some routers are having worse issues after the reset.  I guess I can just return this and try another brand if there is no solution.  The best feature being able to use the Netgear genie was what convinced me to stay with Netgear but it has to be functional.  

Message 13 of 26
Willard395
Tutor

Johnny2020 This issue has been resolved. I was able to log into my router from my iPhone and iPad this morning without restarting the router. I should also note I had a stronger signal and range over all my devices. Well done Netgear! I was about to return this router and buy a Linksys. Keenup the good work!
Message 14 of 26
Johnny2020
Aspirant

Great to hear the app is working for you. However mine still does not work an either device. Are you able to access the router with the Genie app?
Message 15 of 26
Jmisheal
Initiate

I'm not sure how you concluded they fixed the problem as there were no updates to the app or the router.
I still have the same issue which has been existing for months, cannot login via the genie app. Not locally (while connected to the Wi-Fi of the router) or remotely. My Linksys router has been working without a hitch. This is a huge problem for Netgear and it appears they don't care. Oh well, my Linksys works great.
Message 16 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Surprisingly mine also started working again on Android. Did not get any sort of firmware update or app update but somehow im able to access. However it logged me out from my Netgear account. I had to re-login to access remotely. Without logging in, i can only access the router when on the same network. 

So now it is working for me. Probably they did something with their Netgear Login module on the backend? 

Can you guys try to clear the app data of the genie and try to reinstall the app and see if that helps?

Message 17 of 26
BJSJB
Initiate

Genie still not working for me. Slowly giving up hope. Used to be great till update earleir this year. Boring.

Message 18 of 26
Willard395
Tutor

Try updating your firmware and restarting the router and all connected divices.
Message 19 of 26
BravoFoxtrot
Aspirant

Still broke on android with X7900
Message 20 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Update i received from Netgear Support:

Update from NETGEAR:

Hi xxx

You are very much welcome. As per our engineers, they will release a new FW that should fix the issue but we cannot provide the exact date on when it will be officially released. 

Sincerely, 

Sittie 
Expert ID: xxxx
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert 

Message 21 of 26
Johnny2020
Aspirant

Finally found the root cause to my poor signal and continual drop off. My modem was connected to my router with a 20' cable. After a call to my ISP I was told my modem was running ok. They rebooted it and did their remote testing.

I relocated the modem next to the router with a 3' cable. The signal is 100% better. I rebooted all devices and now able to log into the genie app with all of my devices. Thanks Netgear and whomever is responsible getting the app to work more reliably. So far it's been great. I did shut off the metering option after reading that it slows down the modem.
Message 22 of 26
Johnny2020
Aspirant

Installed latest update .48 and the Genie app works. Thank you Netgear for listening and fixing the software for the Genie app. Whoooo hoo
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 23 of 26
BravoFoxtrot
Aspirant

Still not working on R7900 with firmware version V1.0.1.18_10.0.20

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 24 of 26
vickyrao
Star

Agreed. I have also updated my firmware to 1.0.3.48 and Genie app on Android and iOS is functioning again. Locally and Remotely it works without flaws. Finally this is sorted out.

Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 34 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7