Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie Login issue x6 r8000

Ari_sydney
Aspirant

Genie Login issue x6 r8000

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone have similar issues..I'll be able to login to admin using browser but I'm unable to use genie app on both IOS and Android..I rebooted the router problem still persist..so frustrating..IMG_0017.PNG

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Genie Login issue x6 r8000

Hi @luterguy,

Please update the router to the latest firmware version (1.0.3.54) for the fix and do a factory reset. The links below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
CraigX
Aspirant

Hi,

Just found a bug in the latest Firmware from Netgear for the R8000 with regards to IOS Netgear Apps (including Genie).  Roll back to Firmware V1.0.3.32_1.1.21 and the bug goes away.  If you are using V1.0.3.32_1.1.25 (latest) you will have problems.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 2 of 12
kman68
Star

Yes.  It is also a problem for Android.  Bought a new X6 last weekend.  Worked great until it updated the firmware.  Now I get that message in Genie.

Message 3 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

This has been reported to engineering and is being worked on. We will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 12
HawtDogFlvrWtr
Aspirant

This is still happening even with the latest firmware on 7/6/2017 even with V1.0.3.46_1.1.32 installed (latest). It would seem this isn't a prioritory fix. Especially when you purchase this router for the parental controls and the only way to set them is from the windows/mac/ios/android app, and none of them work.

Message 5 of 12
Srodway
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I can login in the first time following a router reboot. But then unable to access Genie on subsequent attempts. I am running the latest firmware on the X6 R6000. Very annoying.
Message 6 of 12
RockyH
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, Netgear when will this be fixed

Message 7 of 12
Ari_sydney
Aspirant

Hi All,

until now the problem still persist. Even the latest firmware and updated Genie did not solve the issue..very frustrating..was planning to give up and buy another brand of router..

Message 8 of 12
Srodway
Aspirant

I updated the R8000 over the weekend to the latest firmware (Firmware Version 1.0.3.48) and this issue now appears to have been fixed.

Message 9 of 12
luterguy
Aspirant

Having same issue. Netgear support no help. Let me know if you found resolution. After this issue and experience with netgear support (horrible) ....I am planning on returning router as defective and buying different brand. FYI...I use Arlo cameras (like) and came from netgear 6300 which I had no issue with genie app. I had been happy with netgear....but this x6 is either defective or something. Not a happy customer.

Message 10 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @luterguy,

Please update the router to the latest firmware version (1.0.3.54) for the fix and do a factory reset. The links below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 11 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @luterguy,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7